Executive Committee 2014-2015
Executive Committee 2009-2011 and 2012-2013
Executive Committee 2007-2009
Andy Stevenson, GBR
“chairman” at “iomclass.org”
Roy Langbord, USA
“vctechnical” at “iomclass.org”
Bruce Andersen, USA
“vcevents” at “iomclass.org”
Mike Eldred, USA
“vcmeasuring” at “iomclass.org”
Anders Wallin, FIN
“vcinfocomms” at “iomclass.org”Sub-committee:
Pedro Egea (ESP)
Robert Obrien, AUS
“secretary” at “iomclass.org”
David Turton, AUS
“treasurer” at “iomclass.org”
The day-to-day activities of the ICA are managed by an Executive Committee. The Executive Committee consists of a Chairman, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and four Vice Chairmen. For three Vice Chairmen, each is the Chairman of a sub-committee which deals with one of the three major responsibilities of the ICA:
- Technical issues of class rules and rule interpretations
- International event issues to do with notice of race, sailing instructions, scoring system, observing, umpiring, and so on; and
- Measurement issues to do with the appointment and training of class measurers, certificates, boat registration, and so on.
The Executive Committee consists of:
- Chairman: Promotion of the Class, appointment of NCAs and NCSs, and external relations.
- Vice-chairman (Technical): Class rules and their interpretation.
- Vice-chairman (Events): Class Championship Rules and the running of events.
- Vice-chairman (Measurers): Class measurers, measurer development and training, providing measurer and measurement support for Class events.
- Vice-chairman (InfoComms): Class Web site, electronic voting, and the exchange of information among Class sailors.
- Secretary and Treasurer: support for the Executive and the World Council.
Executive Committee office bearers act in an honorary capacity. They are nominated and voted to their position by the World Council.