Taken from IOM Class Championship Regulations 2013
The maximum number of boats shall be 76.
The initial closing date shall be June 27th 2014. In order to be included in allocation of places, non continental NCA shall declare their will to send entries six months before the start of the event. (So March 27th, and AUS and USA have declared interest before)
The allocation of places shall take place within 14 days of the initial closing date.
Read the full article here
The IOM ICA Executive and the Events Sub-Committee are pleased to announce that the NCA for the USA has been granted the right to host the 2015 World Championship Regatta. The event will be held May 8 – 16, 2015 in Foster City, California, on Central Lake adjacent to the Community Center.
The IOM ICA acknowledges that two very strong proposals were received for this event from the USA and from ESP. We are confident that either proposal would have resulted in a strong entry, first class venues and well run events. In view of the last few World Championships being held in and about Europe, the ICA decided that having the event return to North America was a deciding factor in making this selection.
Congratulations to the AMYA, the USA NCA and all their members who have been involved in submitting the successful bid for this event. We look forward to continuing a strong working relationship in the coming year as the dates draw closer.
We thank the NCA for ESP for the tremendous effort they expended to prepare their proposal and hope that they continue to be interested in hosting a future event.
Non-European NCAs should ask for a place before March 27th if they want to send a competitor,This is in accordance with the Class Championship Rules 8.2. . Request should be sent to vcevents”at” iomclass.org.
Allocation of places will be published after March 27th
Over the past couple of weeks there has been a lot of discussion around the recent political events in the neighbouring countries and areas around the location of this year’s Worlds. The Israel Yachting Association (IYA) and the IOM ICA have had numerous discussions about possible actions regarding this event.
During those discussions it was decided, and announced, that no decision would be taken until a couple of weeks had passed.
Very recent events now indicate that there has been a substantial moderation in the situation and as a result the decision has been taken to move ahead exactly as previously planned and conduct this event at the location and time originally agreed to and approved.
IYA and the organizers have informed us that “all preparations are going well. All sailors are safe and welcome to come. Fantastic sailing conditions are expected as well as great atmosphere and a lot of fun”
It should be noted that the safety and security of participants attending this event has been a major focus of the application for and approval of this event. The Israel Yachting Association and the people directly involved in organizing this event have gone out of their way at every step of the planning of this event to assure that these factors have been in the forefront of any decisions. They should be commended for that focus.
A note has been sent to all entrants and NCAs to welcome them to the event and outlines some interesting plans for a day trip to Jerusalem on the scheduled lay day. (Download here).
IOM ICA wishes the best to the organizers and all competitors for great weather, good winds and a terrific event. We look forward to continuing updates leading up to and during the event.
Barry Fox – IOMICA Chairman / Olivier Cohen – IOMICA VC Events