Search found 209 matches

by Andy Stevenson
19 Jul 2006, 08:17
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_02
Replies: 10
Views: 9823

FRA have submitted a revision to this proposal: [quote] Resolution: WC_AGM2006_02 Proposal: Adding of lower shrouds on IOM Change in class rules : F3.3b : add 14) lower shrouds fitting(s) F3.4 add : Height of lower shrouds fitting above deck level : min = 0 max = height of spreaders F5.2b : add 2) A...
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 10:17
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_09
Replies: 4
Views: 5553

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_09

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received:

[quote]Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_09

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Entries

8.61(ii)
Add “ and one place to each Member NCA.â€
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 10:15
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_08
Replies: 5
Views: 6290

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_08

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received: Resolution: WC_AGM2006_08 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Steve Landeau, NCA for USA Proposal: Class Championship Regulations Subject: Obligations of the Organising Authority 6.4 Change entire paragraph to read: “For World and Continental ...
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 10:14
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_07
Replies: 8
Views: 7519

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_07

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received:

[quote]Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_07

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Championships

4.2(i)
Change “…may hold a Continental Championshipâ€
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 10:12
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_06
Replies: 0
Views: 3866

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_06

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received: Resolution: WC_AGM2006_06 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Steve Landeau, NCA for USA Proposal: Subject: Mainsail Construction Rule G.3 Add to G.3(a)(*): The luff must be attached to the mast. Add to G.3(b)(*): With the exception of a double ...
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 10:06
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_05
Replies: 1
Views: 3854

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_05

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received:

[quote]Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_05

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Subject: Topping Lift Restraint Line

Rule C7.7(c)
Remove the word “Lineâ€
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 10:04
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_04
Replies: 5
Views: 6729

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_04

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received: [quote] Resolution: WC_AGM2006_04 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Steve Landeau, NCA for USA Proposal: Subject: Added Weights Rule C.7.3(a) Change to: “Weights may be positioned in or on a mast spar. If the weight is to be internal, it sha...
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 09:59
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_09

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Entries

8.61(ii)
Add “ and one place to each Member NCA.â€
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 09:57
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution: WC_AGM2006_08 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Steve Landeau, NCA for USA Proposal: Class Championship Regulations Subject: Obligations of the Organising Authority 6.4 Change entire paragraph to read: “For World and Continental Championships, The organizing authority shall submit their inte...
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 09:56
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_07

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Championships

4.2(i)
Change “…may hold a Continental Championshipâ€
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 09:55
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution: WC_AGM2006_06 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Steve Landeau, NCA for USA Proposal: Subject: Mainsail Construction Rule G.3 Add to G.3(a)(*): The luff must be attached to the mast. Add to G.3(b)(*): With the exception of a double luff, any method of attachment is allowed. Remove from G.3(b): ...
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 09:54
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_05

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Subject: Topping Lift Restraint Line

Rule C7.7(c)
Remove the word “Lineâ€
by Andy Stevenson
17 Jul 2006, 09:53
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution: WC_AGM2006_04 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Steve Landeau, NCA for USA Proposal: Subject: Added Weights Rule C.7.3(a) Change to: “Weights may be positioned in or on a mast spar. If the weight is to be internal, it shall be installed at the lowest point possible. “ Discussion: With a de...
by Andy Stevenson
15 Jul 2006, 19:45
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_03
Replies: 6
Views: 6229

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_03

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received: Resolution: WC_AGM2006_03 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Anders Wallin (IOMICA VC Infocomms) Proposal: Change C 7.7(c) From: "(c) A headsail boom topping lift restraint line attached to, or passing around, the topping lift may be attached t...
by Andy Stevenson
15 Jul 2006, 19:43
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution: WC_AGM2006_03 Proposing NCA / WC Member: Anders Wallin (IOMICA VC Infocomms) Proposal: Change C 7.7(c) From: "(c) A headsail boom topping lift restraint line attached to, or passing around, the topping lift may be attached to and/or passed around any or all of the following: topping lif...
by Andy Stevenson
10 Jul 2006, 13:09
Forum: General IOM
Topic: Update from the Exec
Replies: 26
Views: 18798

Exec Update July 2006 World Council The deadline for proposals for AGM resolutions is the 17th of this month. 2 proposals have been submitted so far. Technical VCTech has, as yet, not put forward any proposals for the AGM. These should appear this week. Events Work continues to clarify & confirm th...
by Andy Stevenson
10 Jul 2006, 10:40
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution: WC_AGM2006_02 Proposing NCA: FRA Proposal: Adding of lower shrouds on IOM Change in class rules : F3.3b : add 14) lower shrouds fitting(s) F3.4 add : Height of lower shrouds fitting above deck level : min = 0 max = height of spreaders F5.2b : add 2) A pair of lower shrouds may be added....
by Andy Stevenson
10 Jul 2006, 10:07
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_02
Replies: 10
Views: 9823

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_02

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received: [quote] Resolution: WC_AGM2006_02 Proposing NCA: FRA Proposal: Adding of lower shrouds on IOM Discussion: Lower shrouds will increase the mast behaviour, so the importance of getting a high performance mast will be reduced. A boat with ...
by Andy Stevenson
10 Jul 2006, 10:03
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_01
Replies: 3
Views: 5212

AGM Resolution proposal: WC_AGM2006_01

A Proposal for a resolution for the 2006 AGM has been received: [quote] Resolution: WC_AGM2006_01 Proposing NCA: FRA Proposal: Concerning sails building: Add G.3.1 (b)(14) Where the body of the sail consists of one part, slit(s) into the leech may be use to shape the sail. Add G.4.1 (b)(11) Where th...
by Andy Stevenson
10 Jul 2006, 09:56
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

Resolution: WC_AGM2006_01 Proposing NCA: FRA Proposal: Concerning sails building: Add G.3.1 (b)(14) Where the body of the sail consists of one part, slit(s) into the leech may be use to shape the sail. Add G.4.1 (b)(11) Where the body of the sail consists of one part, slit(s) into the leech may be ...
by Andy Stevenson
09 Jun 2006, 22:36
Forum: General IOM
Topic: Update from the Exec
Replies: 26
Views: 18798

Exec Update June 2006 The hard work continues to ensure the AGM runs as smoothly as possible. There have been a few questions we’ve hopefully now cleared up, if anyone is still unsure of what will be happening please don’t hesitate to contact myself or any other member of the Exec. On a slightl...
by Andy Stevenson
12 May 2006, 18:24
Forum: Measurement and Measurers
Topic: Boom Spar Curvature
Replies: 4
Views: 6784

For anyone interested, I sailed with this on Sunday, in top of A rig conditions (a little past on occasion) with some success. And it sure is light!

Image

Cheers
by Andy Stevenson
12 May 2006, 16:52
Forum: Class Associations and Class Management
Topic: 2006 World Council Annual General Meeting
Replies: 1
Views: 3483

Greetings IOM sailors, Following the announcement of the WC AGM, the World Council members have been made aware of the processes and timescales involved. I am hopeful that they will be in touch with their membership (you) in the near future. My greatest fear in this process is that an understanding ...
by Andy Stevenson
12 May 2006, 09:26
Forum: Events and Event Management
Topic: 2006 France national championship results
Replies: 4
Views: 4458

Olivier, great pics for sure... But a little too big to post to the forum. Our friends on dialup will be off to put the kettle on. Any poor souls with 15" monitors are going to struggle to identify what they're looking at. It also make reading posts difficult when they're twice the width of the scre...
by Andy Stevenson
08 May 2006, 17:04
Forum: General IOM
Topic: Update from the Exec
Replies: 26
Views: 18798

Exec Update May 2006 World Council The 2006 World council AGM has been announced. Now is the time for IOM sailors to contact their NCAs & WC representatives with ideas and suggestions for the class. It is hoped that all proposals will be discussed in an open forum by all IOM sailors, not just the W...
by Andy Stevenson
05 May 2006, 21:45
Forum: Measurement and Measurers
Topic: Boom Spar Curvature
Replies: 4
Views: 6784

Thanks Ralph. But why use such a small spar? The price was right (free), and it struck me as a reasonable experiment. ...larger diameter tube should make it easier to perform sail adjustments Actually, the rig is reasonably easy to tune. I’ve only sailed it once, in very light wind, but my initial...
by Andy Stevenson
04 May 2006, 12:51
Forum: Measurement and Measurers
Topic: Boom Spar Curvature
Replies: 4
Views: 6784

Boom Spar Curvature

Boom spar curvature measured between points on the top of the spar 10mm from each end.................... Maximum 3mm. Boom spar curvature is in bold text, so we must look at ERS 2001 – 2004 for the definition... The shortest distance between the top edge of the spar and a straight line between t...
by Andy Stevenson
02 May 2006, 08:40
Forum: General IOM
Topic: 2006 WC AGM Discussion
Replies: 0
Views: 2828

2006 WC AGM Discussion

As you will no doubt be aware the WC AGM has been announced, see the web site & elsewhere on the forum for details of the announcement. Proposals for resolutions will be posted to the "WC Next formal meeting" forum as they come in. Proposals are accepted from WC members only & must be in the correct...
by Andy Stevenson
02 May 2006, 08:38
Forum: WC Next formal meeting
Topic: 2006 AGM Resolution proposals
Replies: 9
Views: 10182

2006 AGM Resolution proposals

Greetings WC. This topic is being started in a effort to keep everyone updated with proposals for resolutions for the WC AGM. Please see announcement on the web site & elsewhere on the forums for details of the AGM As proposals are submitted they will appear here. Once the closing date for resolutio...
by Andy Stevenson
01 May 2006, 15:36
Forum: General IOM
Topic: Bow bumper
Replies: 4
Views: 4294

or is that just because I bump into so many boats and marks?!?
Tee Hee, if the cap fits Lester...

Cheers