Sail number

Discuss measuring an IOM and being a measurer

Moderator: Lawrie Neish

Gilbert Louis

Sail number

Post by Gilbert Louis » 28 Nov 2004, 19:03

Hi, I am about to put my sail number on a new set of sails but I heard about recent changes in the rules about sail number, ie font, size, spacing, etc... Anyone who know the most recent version on this ??? the actual wording would be great thanking you :D
So far I've been using Anders file Thank you Anders with 13-23 mm spacing and 100-110 height...
Gilbert LOUIS
www.iomireland.org
V6 - RMG - Blackmagick
IRL41 - Ireland

awallin

Re: Sail number

Post by awallin » 28 Nov 2004, 20:34

Gilbert Louis wrote:Hi, I am about to put my sail number on a new set of sails but I heard about recent changes in the rules about sail number, ie font, size, spacing, etc... Anyone who know the most recent version on this ??? the actual wording would be great thanking you :D
So far I've been using Anders file Thank you Anders with 13-23 mm spacing and 100-110 height...
In the 2005-2008 RRS which are available from www.sailing.org appendix E has been changed and the shortest distance between numbers on the same side is min 20 max 30 mm. (nevermind that there still is the bounding box vs. "69" problem that afaik is not solved)
Nobody seems to know why the change was made.

I don't know how final the text available from ISAF is, but the new rules obviously come into effect on 1.1.2005.

The IOMICA is considering a rule change that would require Identification to comply with the rules in effect at the time of initial fundamental measurement. If the identification rules change after this then your boat would still be legal.
----------------
Anders Wallin

Gilbert Louis

Post by Gilbert Louis » 29 Nov 2004, 18:13

Thanks Anders for the update :)
Gilbert LOUIS
www.iomireland.org
V6 - RMG - Blackmagick
IRL41 - Ireland