Futaba Spare Parts

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

joey
Sail number: NED 02
Club: DIOMCA
Design: PIKANTO

Futaba Spare Parts

Post by joey » 03 Nov 2006, 21:07

Hello,

Can someone tell me a good place where to buy Futaba transmitter spares. I am in particular after a "Ratchet Plate" for a 3VC Transmitter, to change the spring loaded lever in a ratchet one. Also I would like to find a good rechargeable battery for the same transmitter.

Cheers, Joey
Joey Rijs
PIKANTO
NED 02 - 2.4GHz

awallin

Post by awallin » 04 Nov 2006, 07:54

you can buy the battery from any battery supplier. I usually get mine from companies that make and service cell-phone, laptop, etc. batteries. They will spot-weld the cells together which looks much nicer than soldering and also exposes the cells to less heat.

I use Deans micro 2R connectors in the boat, and I've changed the plug in the Tx to this connector also. Thay way I can have only one type of plug in the charger and it works for both boat and Tx batteries.

AW

Nigel

Post by Nigel » 06 Nov 2006, 16:32

regarding spare parts for Futaba, I have had very good experaince with Robbe. They are the German distributor for Futaba. You can find a service number at www.robbe.de. Give them a ring, they are very helpfull.
Nigel Winkley
GER 87

joey
Sail number: NED 02
Club: DIOMCA
Design: PIKANTO

Post by joey » 08 Nov 2006, 07:46

Thanks guys,

Found what I was looking for through Robbe.

Cheers, Joey
Joey Rijs
PIKANTO
NED 02 - 2.4GHz