Australia 2005 Worlds

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

Rob Davis
Sail number: USA 32
Club: TRYC
Design: Disco

Post by Rob Davis » 19 Dec 2003, 13:57

Thanks for the invite! I plan to be there if at all possible. It should be a grand time for sure! Congratuations to the Aussie organizers!

Good on ya!
Rob Davis
USA 232

David Turton
IOMICA Treasurer
Sail number: 09
Club: Lake Kawana
Design: Destroyer

Hello From Mooloolaba

Post by David Turton » 20 Dec 2003, 04:17

The organising committee is excited about being selected to host the 2005 worlds and would like to thank the IOMICA board for the opportunity. The hard work is now ahead of us and we look forward to putting together an event that will be memorable for the right reasons! There will not be a lot of visible acheivements in the next quarter as we go about putting the infrastructure of our regatta plan into place as there is more work ahead us than is behind us.

All the members of the organising committee have commitments over the Christmas New Year period and we will swing our actions into place late January when everyone returns. Greg Willis, Jeff Byerley, Greg Torpy and David Jones will be at the Aus Nationals if you would like to have a chat. I'll be in Adelaide racing Etchells if anyone there wants to say gday.

Accomodation in Mooloolaba is first class and one of our first actions is to organise some packages for great locations at good value. I was at Mooloolaba Beach this morning (and i'm there nearly every morning) the water temp was 22c Air temp 28c breeze, building seabreeze from the NE and not a cloud in the sky. There isn't too many better sights than this.

We are in the process of begining to build a web presence for the event which will contain all the information you need to know and an avenue for you to seek information that isn't. In the interim my email is davidturton@bigpond.com until our web presence is ready to be switched on.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
David Turton
IOMICA Treasurer

BCH

Post by BCH » 21 Dec 2003, 05:16

Congratulations DT, Greg and all the bid team. Job well done. :lol:

Have the actual regatta dates been set? (What are they?)

David Turton
IOMICA Treasurer
Sail number: 09
Club: Lake Kawana
Design: Destroyer

2005 Worlds Dates

Post by David Turton » 22 Dec 2003, 04:13

Proposed dates are 15th to 24th September 2005
David Turton
David Turton
IOMICA Treasurer