Update from the Exec

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderators: GaryBoell, Pedro Egea

Post Reply
Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Update from the Exec

Post by Andy Stevenson » 10 Apr 2006, 13:28

The Exec is mindful of some concerns expressed regarding the lack of action on some fairly pressing issues. It hasn’t been an easy time for the new Exec & we have been hard at work trying to sort out a suitable course of action.

In an effort to put those with concerns at ease this will be the first of regular updates on the deliberations, conversations, thoughts & actions of the Executive Committee.

It’s not intended as a complete report, more a summary of the ongoing issues that are likely to be of interest to, or have an effect on the class.

General

After the Mooloolaba vote on rule changes.

With the exception of the Texalium issue, the rule changes will be resubmitted to be voted on, as before, at the next AGM of the WC. The thinking behind this being that essentially the changes are what’s needed, the problem was the way the proposals were put forward. It seems clear that a lot of people were unsure what, exactly, they were voting for.

Dealing with Texalium separately will, hopefully, make things a little clearer. There has been a great deal of discussion within the Exec surrounding the Texalium problem. While it would be far from desirable to exclude those boats now no longer legal, it’s also a very worrying prospect setting a precedent for not only introducing brand names as permitted materials, but also the wider issue of rule changes to allow innovations previously interpreted as class illegal.

The Exec proposes to reintroduce the grandfathering of Texalium hulls, with no event exceptions or time limits. It should be pointed out that this is an exceptional circumstance; similar situations that may occur in the future are unlikely to be dealt with similarly. If a class rule interpretation renders a boat illegal, it will probably remain so.

For the time being the Exec will post recommended alterations to NOR & SI’s. This should appear on the IOMICA web site shortly.

Events

The Events Sub-Committee is deep in discussion. It is becoming clear that NCA’s are unable or unwilling to host international events. While some of the reasons are fairly obvious, this is probably a very complicated issue that is unlikely to have an easy solution. I’m sure this issue will be opened up for WC / public input once the ESC has a better idea of the situation.

InfoComms

The IOMICA public & WC forums have been very quiet. Probably due, in some part, to the Exec’s lengthy deliberations & lack of public communication.

Measurement / Technical

Waterless measurement & in-house sail certification are still ongoing and some discussion has taken place. However, with the Exec being tied up with more pressing matters, little real progress has been made towards working solutions.

World Council

A WC AGM will be required this year. The Exec hopes to announce a date in the near future. The intention being to give the WC members plenty of time to formulate proposals for resolutions. We are hopeful that this meeting can be held electronically.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 11 Apr 2006, 08:31

Barry

This has also been posted on the website, see:

http://www.iomclass.org/history/IOMICA_ ... _april.pdf

Subsequent updates will be as well. It was duplicated on the forum to provide easy feedback. I should have mentioned that it the post, sorry.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 08 May 2006, 17:04

Exec Update May 2006

World Council

The 2006 World council AGM has been announced. Now is the time for IOM sailors to contact their NCAs & WC representatives with ideas and suggestions for the class. It is hoped that all proposals will be discussed in an open forum by all IOM sailors, not just the WC & Exec. The more input we have the better chance we have to get this right.

The Exec as a whole is nearing completion of proposals for rule changes for a variety of reasons:
  • To bring the Class Rules in to line with the changes to the ERS & RRS.
    To incorporate Class Rule interpretations.
    To finally deal with the issue of grandfathering Texalium boats.
It’s worth mentioning that the vast majority of the rule changes likely to be proposed by the Exec will be designed to bring the existing Class Rules up to date with changes to RRS & ERS. The idea is to ensure the Class Rules still achieve the intentions they where originally designed to. In no way does the Exec intend to change the way an IOM is built, measured, sailed or raced.

Any Class Rule changes that do alter the original intent will be dealt with separately & will clearly be identified as such. Hopefully after lengthy & open discussion.

Administration

All except one NCA Annual Reports have been received (you know who you are!) Those that where received before the Exec Annual report was published have been appended.

The Exec has completed setting up the bank account and the Treasurer is busy catching up with outstanding financial matters.

Technical

IOMICA recommended SSIs have been updated as an interim measure. Assuming the rule change proposals go according to plan they should revert back to their original form after the WC AGM. Although that may well be a good time for a review.

The vast majority of the Class Rule change proposals are the remit of the TSC. However, with the TSC being short an actual sub committee, all Exec officers have had an input.

Events

The ESC continues its deliberations. Some of the topics include:
  • Updating the Race Management Manual.
    Proposals for Umpired / Observed events.
    The question of Race Officer qualifications.
    The ongoing concerns surrounding the running of international events.
The umpires report from the World Championships in Mooloolaba has now been received and is being studied by the ECS. It is likely that this will be made public in due course.

Infocomms

We are receiving a growing number of registrations to the IOM forum by 'users' who register just to advertise a product (usually medical, pornographic, etc.). The registration procedure has been changed to allow only real persons with an interest in the IOM class to register.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 09 Jun 2006, 22:36

Exec Update June 2006

The hard work continues to ensure the AGM runs as smoothly as possible. There have been a few questions we’ve hopefully now cleared up, if anyone is still unsure of what will be happening please don’t hesitate to contact myself or any other member of the Exec.

On a slightly different note, some of you may have noticed our Chairman & Treasurer travelled half way round the world to compete in the RM world championships at Fleetwood, Greg finishing in 24th place & David 21st. Well done to both of them.

World Council

It is surprising to note that there have been no proposals for resolutions at the AGM. While it may be the case that you’re all waiting with baited breath for the Exec & VC Technical to publish it’s proposals, I had hoped I’d made it clear that such proposals, Texalium aside, would be to bring the Class Rules back to their original meaning only.

I can only assume, given this, that everyone’s happy with the Class Rules in their 2003 form, no one has burning issues about certification, registration, fundamental or event measurement or anything else concerning their boat and the way it’s raced.

Similarly you’re all happy with the way the class is run, you have no objections to the way IOMICA operates and you’re satisfied with the relationship between IOMICA & ISAF-RSD.

Technical

The lack of a sub committee is contributing to the delay in the proposals from VC Technical. However Roy assures us that proposals with be here soon.

Events

The events committee has a good deal of work to do as outlined in the last update, no resolutions as yet, but work continues.

There has been some movement on a possible host for an IOM World Championships 2007 from several countries. A firm application has been received fro FRA, this will be announced on the events page of the web site imminently.

InfoComms

We’re looking into the possibility of a uniform online voting system for owner polls. This will require some fairly extensive set-up & testing. It’s unlikely to be in place for this year’s AGM & NCA’s should continue to make their own arrangements.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 10 Jul 2006, 13:09

Exec Update July 2006

World Council

The deadline for proposals for AGM resolutions is the 17th of this month. 2 proposals have been submitted so far.

Technical

VCTech has, as yet, not put forward any proposals for the AGM. These should appear this week.

Events

Work continues to clarify & confirm the French application for a World Championships 2007. Details will be published once the wrinkles have been ironed out.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 10 Aug 2006, 10:55

Exec Update August 2006


World Council

The WC AGM has been officially announced, all NCA representatives should have received an email with the agenda attached. The announcement has also been posted on the IOMICA web site and forum. The agenda can also be downloaded from the web site.

The forum polling system isn’t sufficient for our needs. There is now a template submission form, a template voting form and instructions available for download from the IOMICA website. Please contact a member of the Exec if you have problems with either the forms or process.

NCA’s are reminded that they should provide up to date owners lists for calculating voting strength by 21 August as per regulation 4.9.

Technical

The Exec has been corresponding with ISAF-RSD to ensure a smooth process post AGM for Class Rule Changes. To this end Robert Grubisa, RSD Technical Chairman was very helpful in developing the final Exec rule changes proposed as AGM resolutions.

The Exec is grateful to Robert for his efforts, he was in no way obliged to help in this manner and his input has been most useful.

Events

The French application for a World Championships 2007 has been confirmed and work continues to ensure the process is a smooth as possible.

Financial

Continuing efforts have been made by our Treasurer, David Turton, to collect outstanding fees for Euro 2004 from ESP, unfortunately with little success.

The Treasurers report has been prepared for presentation to the WC at the AGM.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 10 Sep 2006, 22:45

Exec Update September 2006


World Council

The AGM voting strength is now as complete as it’s going to be. BRA has declined to submit an owners list and stated that they intend not to vote.

ESP has been given notice of removal from the World Council under Constitution 16.3.2, among other things this removes their ability to vote at the AGM & enter IOMICA sanctioned events. The Exec is hopeful for a speedy resolution.

NCA’s are reminded that they now need to poll their membership and submit the results no later than 25 Sep 2006 00:00 GMT

Constitution 8.8.4. states: A Special resolution at the World Council requires each Member NCA or Member NCS to ballot their Certificated Owners on that resolution. A Member NCA or Member NCS who is not able to demonstrate the results of their owner ballot on a Special resolution shall abstain from voting on that resolution.

The Exec will require evidence of the ability to demonstrate the results of such ballots prior to the NCA / NCS casting its vote. We expect this evidence will most likely take the form of an owners list containing yes/no/abstain information or similar.

Note this is required for Special resolutions, voted for by Certificated Owners only. It isn’t necessary for Ordinary resolutions. Therefore we will be expecting evidence of the votes cast for Resolutions 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.11, 2.12, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.18, 2.20, 2.21 & 2.22.

Any NCA / NCS unable to demonstrate the results of their ballot will not be able to vote.

Events

Work continues with the French application for a World Championships 2007. The ESC is working to ensure this goes ahead & runs as smoothly as possible.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 15 Oct 2006, 09:18

Exec Update October 2006


World Council

The AGM has now concluded, the minutes can be downloaded from the IOMICA Website. There is a thread in the public forum for comments on how the AGM went. Your opinions on what went well, what could be improved or how the Exec ran the AGM in general would be much appreciated.

A formal request to RSD for ratification of the CR changes is currently being edited and the CCR will be updated with the passed resolutions shortly.

Measurement

Roy Thompson has tendered his resignation as VC Measurement. This is a sad loss to the Exec and we are considering options for his replacement currently with a view to having someone in place soon. If anyone has an interest in the position or serving on the measurement sub committee please let a member of the Exec know.

Tentative discussions have taken place within the Exec surrounding measurement issues, particularly self certification for sail makers.

Events

The French application for a World Championships 2007 is shaping up well. The ESC is hopeful that this will go ahead as planned. There has been a good deal of speculation within the IOM community surrounding the event. To be clear, nothing is official yet, the NOR is still being refined and there has been no announcement.

The ESC is confident that an official announcement from IOMICA and YCPR jointly will happen very soon.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 06 Nov 2006, 09:27

Exec Update November 2006

World Council

The AGM Class Rule resolutions have been formally submitted to RSD and have been acknowledged, we await the results of the deliberation of the Joint Technical Committee(Robert Grubisa, ISAF-RSD Techincal committee chairman, Roy Langbord, IOMICA VCTechnical, and Rick Martin, ISAF RSD Technical committee vice chairman).

The Class rule changes are due to take effect 90 days from the AGM, assuming a timely response from RSD we should be releasing IOM Class Rules 2007 by 7 January 2007.

Measurement

Work continues to appoint a suitable Vice Chairman for the measurement sub committee; we hope to have someone in place soon. It’s worth noting that there are also vacancies on the measurement sub committee for willing volunteers who wish to make a contribution.

Events

The 2007 World Championship is still pending an official announcement. However scuttlebutt has managed to make sure pretty much everyone knows when it is! The next hurdle is the NoR, this should appear any day now. Work continues to ensure that the event meets the standards we’ve all come to expect.

Lester Gilbert has resigned from the events sub committee, there is room for a volunteer or two here if anyone’s keen. VC Events is particularly keen to hear from any IOM sailors with experience organising regattas, particularly international regattas. Someone with experience of an IOM World or Continental Championship would be ideal.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 20 Dec 2006, 10:12

Exec Update December 2006

World Council
A few of the AGM Class Rule resolutions have met a mixed response from RSD, the Exec is working closely with RSD towards a solution. The likelihood is that some of the resolutions will be rejected. The Exec does not expect these issues to have any significant effect on the class.

Measurement
Mike Eldred Has been co-opted as VC Measurement, he’s currently getting up to speed with measurement issues.

Events
Discussions continue around the format HMS for the 2007 World Championship, the Exec is liaising closely with RSD and the MYA regarding updating HMS for 6 boat promotions.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Steve Landeau
Posts: 256
Joined: 26 Nov 2003, 07:25
Location: USA 12

Post by Steve Landeau » 20 Dec 2006, 17:12

andy111 wrote:Exec Update December 2006

World Council
The likelihood is that some of the resolutions will be rejected.
Then why are we wasting time with an ICA if our hard work simply gets rejected? I thought the purpose of an ICA was to have control of our class and do what the majority felt was right. ISAF should not be able have their cake and eat it too. They tell us that we have to take over control of our class because they don't want to do it anymore, then tell us that we can't do what we want.
Steve Landeau
AMYA 10859
IOM USA 112
Finn USA 112
Cal 25 #548

Ken Dobbie
Posts: 173
Joined: 26 Nov 2003, 21:01
Location: Hobart, Tasmania. AUS950

Post by Ken Dobbie » 20 Dec 2006, 20:13

Before being critical of the Joint ISAF-RSD/IOMICA Technical Committee we need to know what their grounds are for rejecting any of the ICA proposals. eg have we proposed something that is contary to the ERS.

Lets wait and see.


Wishing all IOM sailors a Happy Christmas and good breezes in 2007.

Ken Dobbie
NCA Representative - AUS
Last edited by Ken Dobbie on 20 Dec 2006, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 20 Dec 2006, 20:27

Then why are we wasting time with an ICA if our hard work simply gets rejected?
A valid question Steve, and I was initially somewhat of a similar mind. I’d offer two thoughts:

1] The concerns expressed by RSD are, on the whole, valid.

2] I’m confident that RSD aren’t rejecting our hard work out of anything other than concern that the AGM resolutions may have consequences we didn’t foresee.

The Exec, TSC in particular, is talking with the RSD technical committee. We hope to have proposals for the class as to a way forward soon.

Cheers
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Roy Thompson
Posts: 380
Joined: 15 Nov 2003, 10:50
Location: ESP 212
Contact:

Post by Roy Thompson » 20 Dec 2006, 23:21

Measurement
Mike Eldred Has been co-opted as VC Measurement, he’s currently getting up to speed with measurement issues.
It’s worth noting that there are also vacancies on the measurement sub committee for willing volunteers who wish to make a contribution.
Funny that, I have not heard a single word fron new VC measurement despite repeating many many times that I would be more than willing to not only help with the handover, but continue on the SC if wanted. Guess I am not wanted/needed then........... GOOD LUCK MIKE!

And a Happy Christmas to all.
Roy Thompson
"WE DON'T SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, WE SEE THINGS AS WE ARE" A.N.

Chairman
IOMICA Chairman
Posts: 1197
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 21:42

Post by Chairman » 26 Dec 2006, 23:25

Hi Roy,
I am sure I do not have to speak for Mike but I have just had a quick look and cannot find your offer to help or sit on the sub committee. I know it is there but cannot find it. There is a lot of info in these forums and sometimes hard to find. We are all short of time so I suggest you send Mike a quick PM.
Cheers
Greg
Chairman
IOMICA Executive

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 24 Jan 2007, 13:57

Exec Update January 2007


World Council

NCA Annual reports have started to trickle in, ok I’ve had one. But it’s a start. There’s a message on the World Council Forum, reminders will go out after January. Once they’re all in we can finalise the IOMICA Annual Report.

The ESP NCA has settled the debt for the Acros Euro Championships and has been restored to the World Council. An official announcement will be issued shortly.

The Exec has announced an application for the NCA for NED, see the website.

Measurement

[None]

Technical

[None]

Events

HMS has been revised by Peter Stollery to include 6 boat promotions; this will be the format for the World Championships. Work continues to ensure the SSI and other documentation is up to date and ready for the event.

Infocomms

We’ve been experiencing problems with the web site, although the forum continues to function. We’re now back up and running and iomclass.org now runs a Content Management System called WordPress. We hope it will make it easier for the InfoComms and Executive to keep the site updated, and also allow easier navigation for users. Feedback is welcome.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 28 Feb 2007, 23:26

Exec Update February 2007

World Council
The successful application of NED for NCA status brings the World Council membership to 21, an application from MLT is hopefully imminent.

The Exec has officially announced the return of ESP to the World Council.

RSD has responded to the request for ratification of the AGM resolutions, we’re confident that an amicable solution can be reached and an announcement will happen soon.

NCA Annual reports are starting to pick up a little pace; there are still 13 to go.

Measurement

[None]

Technical

[None]

Events

The events sub committee is working diligently with YCPR to translate and publish HMS 2007 and the Sailing Instructions for the World Championships. We have received 4 applications from skippers not represented by NCA's for our 10 guest spots.

Infocomms

The website is now fully functional on WordPress, it’s certainly making updates easier and we’ve had no negative feedback yet.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 31 Mar 2007, 16:35

Exec Update March 2007

World Council

The IOMICA annual report is underway, I can’t complete it until all the NCA annual reports are in and I’m still three missing, I’m sure those three know who they are, but reminders will go out again shortly.

RSD ratification of the class rule changes has been completed and new versions of the Class Rules and IOM measurement forms have been produced. Details can be found on the website shortly.

An application has been received fro The Malta Model Boat Association to join the World Council as the NCA for MLT. The paperwork is currently with the Exec for scrutiny.

Measurement

[None]

Technical

[None]

Events

[None]

Infocomms

'spam' registrations to the forum have increased so much since December that it has been impossible to manually sift through all new account requests (about 1200 of them right now).

New forum users should first register on the forum normally, then email VCInfocomms (“vcinfocommsâ€
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 30 Apr 2007, 12:12

Exec Update April 2007

World Council

I’m still missing 3 annual reports. Come on chaps, you know who you are!

The new versions of the Class Rules, Boat Measurement form and Rig Measurement Form are available for download from the IOMICA website; this is a change from previously as they had been hosted on the ISAF-RSD website.

The Certificate has also been updated; this has been circulated to each World Council representative.

There have been a good number of questions regarding the updated certificate and measurement forms, the Exec are considering several suggestions and will update the World Council shortly.

Measurement

[None]

Technical

[None]

Events

We have finalized the version of HMS 2007 that will be used for the World Championships and have four applicants for the guest spots.

We are now working on the Sailing Instructions and the Umpiring Instructions.

Infocomms

[None]
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Lester
Posts: 611
Joined: 14 Oct 2004, 22:29
Location: GBR 105
Contact:

Post by Lester » 30 Apr 2007, 17:34

andy111 wrote:We have finalized the version of HMS 2007
Hi Andy

IOMICA HMS 2007 eh... Great! Is it available for download from anywhere?
Lester Gilbert
http://www.onemetre.net/

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 30 Apr 2007, 17:48

Hello Lester
IOMICA HMS 2007 eh...
Not so much. More of an MYA HMS 2007 modified by IOMICA / YCPR for the worlds. It’s available from the YCPR website:
http://www.ycpr.net/datas/docs/11757176 ... iomica.pdf

Cheers
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Bruce Andersen
USA NCA Officer
Posts: 761
Joined: 25 Nov 2003, 00:06
Sail number: USA 16
Club: Famous Potatoes Sailing Club
Location: USA 16

Post by Bruce Andersen » 01 May 2007, 05:55

The modification basically removes references to promoting/relegating 4 boats to streamline the document and decrease chances of confusion. All else stays the same and can be found on the YCPR website.

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

May Update

Post by Andy Stevenson » 31 May 2007, 09:25

Exec Update May 2007

World Council

I’m still missing 2 annual reports. Reminders to the offending parties will go out soon.

At the moment it is likely that the IOMICA AGM will be held at the World Championships this year, assuming sufficient turn out of World Council members. It’s worth a gentle reminder that it won’t be too long before we’ll need to start thinking about submissions for AGM resolutions.

It’s also re-election time for the Executive Committee; anyone with an interest in serving should start to make themselves heard.

Details of the required timings will follow a firm decision on where & when the AGM will take place.

Measurement

A new electronic version of the certificate has been distributed. So far the response has been positive.

Final versions of the measurement forms are now available from the website.

Technical

[None]

Events

[None]

Infocomms

Please everyone remember that new users registering on the forum should in addition to registering through the forum software send email to vcinfocomms. Otherwise your username request will not be handled!

As the national sub-forums on the IOMICA forum have seen very little use I have not created national sub-forums for the new NCAs, and in the long term it is probably best to remove all of the national sub-forums since they do not seem to be needed.

If anyone has a good IOM racing picture for the IOMICA website we could use a change. So email it to vcinfocomms!
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 03 Jul 2007, 16:48

Exec Update June 2007

World Council

All the annual reports are in except one. A campaign of chasing will begin shortly!

The AGM this year will be held at the World Championships in Marseille, the 18th or 19th has been suggested but is subject to confirmation.

Assuming the above, timescales are as follows:
  • AGM resolutions / Exec nominations due by 09 August 2007
    A notice of meeting & final agenda will then be released by 23 August 2007
    Each NCA must advise its voting strength by 20 September 2007
An announcement will follow in due course once venue & dates have been finalised, but it would be prudent for those with resolutions to propose or a desire to serve on the Exec to start getting themselves organised.

Measurement

It has been pointed out that there’s a typo in the new Rig measurement form. A revision is available for download from the web site. My apologies for the slip up.

Technical

[None]

Events

[None]

Infocomms

[None]
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Exec Update July 2007

Post by Andy Stevenson » 27 Jul 2007, 11:46

World Council

Preparations for the AGM continue, as yet there have been no submissions for resolutions and the list of Exec nominations remains incomplete.

Measurement

[None]

Technical

[None]

Events

Standard Sailing Instructions for the World Championships have been finalized and forwarded to YCPR. Stage 1 & 2 competitor allocation has been completed and we’re still working on umpiring instructions.

Infocomms

The website has been updated to reflect the progress of Resolutions and Exec nominations for the forthcoming AGM. This page will be updated regularly as nominations & resolutions come in.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Post Reply