WC Meeting 2007

The business and agenda items for the forthcoming Ordinary, Special, or Annual General Meetings.

Moderators: Chairman, Gary Boell, Fred Rocha USA 33, Secretary

Ken Dobbie

WC Meeting 2007

Post by Ken Dobbie » 19 Sep 2007, 03:42

NCA's should note that there is now an election for the position of Chairman
- seehttp://www.iomclass.org/2007-iomica-agm/

This should have been drawn to our attention.

Regards

Ken
NCA Rep-AUS

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer

Post by Andy Stevenson » 19 Sep 2007, 10:07

Hi Ken
This should have been drawn to our attention.
It was, that's what the web page is for.

Cheers

Andy
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Richard Rowan

Post by Richard Rowan » 24 Sep 2007, 11:07

Andy

I am in agreement with Ken that the alteration of the Agenda for the AGM initially by the addition of the election for chairman was not properly handled, neither by way of complying with IOMICA's own regulations nor by way of alerting NCAs directly.

I didn't spot that first change to the Agenda until I happened to see an adhoc remark on a forum not specifically related to the AGM - I only saw that about 6 days after you posted the alteration.

Please do not now tell me that I should spend more time watching for such changes - unfortunately, the IOMICA election this year has coincided with a busy spell for me in other areas of my life including my business.
Richard Rowan
General Secretary
International Radio Sailing Association
http://www.radiosailing.org

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer

Post by Andy Stevenson » 25 Sep 2007, 01:33

Hi Richard
the alteration of the Agenda for the AGM initially by the addition of the election for chairman was not properly handled, neither by way of complying with IOMICA's own regulations nor by way of alerting NCAs directly
Fair comment, I can’t offer much in the way of argument against the fact that the release of the AGM agenda hasn’t been as smooth as it could have been.

The announcement of candidates for Exec positions was handled within the regulations though, as far as I’m aware. The problem seems to have arisen due to the fact that the regulations require the agenda to be published prior to the last date that a candidacy can be announced.

Cheers
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Ken Dobbie

Post by Ken Dobbie » 25 Sep 2007, 05:07

I agree with Richard in that I lucked onto the additional nomination for Chairman as I was finalising the member voting form for AUS so it was not a major issue to amend the form. A last amendment date against the AGM link on the IOM site flagging any changes would have been helpfull.

Ken Dobbie

Post by Ken Dobbie » 25 Sep 2007, 05:08

I agree with Richard in that I lucked onto the additional nomination for Chairman as I was finalising the member voting form for AUS so it was not a major issue to amend the form. A last amendment date against the AGM link on the IOM site flagging any changes would have been helpfull.