2006 AGM Resolution proposals

The business and agenda items for the forthcoming Ordinary, Special, or Annual General Meetings.

Moderators: GaryBoell, Chairman, Secretary, Fred Rocha USA 33

Post Reply
Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

2006 AGM Resolution proposals

Post by Andy Stevenson » 02 May 2006, 08:38

Greetings WC.

This topic is being started in a effort to keep everyone updated with proposals for resolutions for the WC AGM. Please see announcement on the web site & elsewhere on the forums for details of the AGM

As proposals are submitted they will appear here. Once the closing date for resolutions has passed this topic will form the basis for the agenda.

Please note this topic should not be posted to (You shouldn’t be able to); the intention is for a list of proposals only. For a discussion of these proposals and the AGM in general, please see the public "General IOM" forum.

WC members should be aware of the correct process for submitting a proposal for a resolution, details are with the AGM announcement. If any member of the WC requires assistance please feel free to contact a member of the exec and we’ll point you in the right direction.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 10 Jul 2006, 09:56

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_01

Proposing NCA:
FRA

Proposal:
Concerning sails building:
Add G.3.1 (b)(14) Where the body of the sail consists of one part, slit(s) into the leech may be use to shape the sail.
Add G.4.1 (b)(11) Where the body of the sail consists of one part, slit(s) into the leech may be use to shape the sail.

Discussion:
It’s a very simple method to build sails, low cost, and “home madeâ€
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 10 Jul 2006, 10:40

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_02

Proposing NCA:
FRA

Proposal:
Adding of lower shrouds on IOM
Change in class rules :
F3.3b : add 14) lower shrouds fitting(s)
F3.4 add : Height of lower shrouds fitting above deck level : min = 0 max = height of spreaders
F5.2b : add 2) A pair of lower shrouds may be added.

Discussion:
Lower shrouds will increase the mast behaviour, so the importance of getting a high performance mast will be reduced. A boat with a low quality alloy could be as quick as a boat with a “topâ€
Last edited by Andy Stevenson on 19 Jul 2006, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 15 Jul 2006, 19:43

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_03

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Anders Wallin (IOMICA VC Infocomms)

Proposal:
Change C 7.7(c)

From:
"(c) A headsail boom topping lift restraint line attached to, or passing around, the topping lift may be attached to and/or passed around any or all of the following: topping lift; headsail; headsail halyard; headsail stay."

To:
"(c) A headsail boom topping lift restraint line attached to, or passing around, the topping lift may be attached to and/or passed around any or all of the following: topping lift; headsail; headsail halyard; headsail stay; headsail boom."

Discussion:
Interpretation 2004-IOM-5 found that a rubber band used as a topping lift restraint line cannot be attached to the topping lift and then hooked around the boom. The proposed rule change would allow this simple and cheap use of a rubber band as a topping lift restraint line.

Exec notes:
This is a special resolution and will require a ballot of Certified Owners.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 17 Jul 2006, 09:53

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_04

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Subject: Added Weights

Rule C.7.3(a)
Change to: “Weights may be positioned in or on a mast spar. If the weight is to be internal, it shall be installed at the lowest point possible. “

Discussion:
With a deck-stepped mast, you only have approximately 60 mm to insert lead weight internally. The #3 rig can require as much as 140 grams of corrector weight. Only about 60 grams of this will fit inside, and below the lower band. Eliminating this part of the rule would not enhance the performance capabilities of the boat. The only benefit gained would be a cleaner and simpler way to facilitate the installation of the weight and meet the minimum weight requirement while using the “câ€
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 17 Jul 2006, 09:54

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_05

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Subject: Topping Lift Restraint Line

Rule C7.7(c)
Remove the word “Lineâ€
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 17 Jul 2006, 09:55

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_06

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Subject: Mainsail Construction

Rule G.3
Add to G.3(a)(*): The luff must be attached to the mast.
Add to G.3(b)(*): With the exception of a double luff, any method of attachment is allowed.
Remove from G.3(b): Items 4,5,6,7,8.
G.3.3 - Dimensions: Remove luff fitting dimension.

Discussion:
The current rule allows for a full length wire, and an unlimited amount of wires 10mm or less. It seems senseless to disallow anything in-between.

Exec notes:
This is a special resolution and will require a ballot of Certified Owners.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 17 Jul 2006, 09:56

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_07

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Championships

4.2(i)
Change “…may hold a Continental Championshipâ€
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 17 Jul 2006, 09:57

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_08

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Obligations of the Organising Authority

6.4
Change entire paragraph to read: “For World and Continental Championships, The organizing authority shall submit their intended method of on the water rule enforcement before ICA approval of said regatta.

Discussion:
While International Juries have proven to be effective, they have also proven to be just as ineffective. They are also extremely costly. While this proposal may not be clear enough as submitted, this topic surely needs to be addressed.

Exec notes:
This is an ordinary resolution proposing changes to Class Championship regulation and will require a ballot of Registered Owners.
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Andy Stevenson
GBR NCA Officer
Posts: 772
Joined: 15 Sep 2005, 13:08
Location: UK

Post by Andy Stevenson » 17 Jul 2006, 09:59

Resolution:
WC_AGM2006_09

Proposing NCA / WC Member:
Steve Landeau, NCA for USA

Proposal:
Class Championship Regulations
Subject: Entries

8.61(ii)
Add “ and one place to each Member NCA.â€
Andy Stevenson
"A little pain never hurt anyone!" Sam, aged 11

Post Reply