Proposal of GBR

Discuss the IOM class rules and interpretations

Moderators: Pedro Egea, jeffbyerley

Alfonso
IOMICA Chairman

Proposal of GBR

Post by Alfonso » 02 Feb 2009, 23:45

Recently one of the skippers of my country imported a boat from another country and I am asking, as NCA representative, to the officer of the exporter country to send me the measurement forms.

As I know that GBR made a proposal to simplify this procedure, I started reading the proposal of amendments together with the rules to know how the system will work in the next future.

Has anyone taken into account that the proposal forgot to change the rule A.14.1.(a)? Therefore, unless I am missing something (which is almost sure :? ), the certification authorities will still have to keep the measurement forms in case the boat could be exported and the imported country ask them for the measurement forms.

Ken Dobbie

Post by Ken Dobbie » 03 Feb 2009, 12:38

My understanding is that in future it will be the responsibility of the registered owner to pass the hull and rig measurement forms to the new owner along with the registration certificate.

Alfonso
IOMICA Chairman

Post by Alfonso » 03 Feb 2009, 14:06

I agree with you that the intention of the amendment was what you mention, but not what the rule will say in case ISAF RSD approves the change.

Ken Dobbie

Post by Ken Dobbie » 03 Feb 2009, 22:29

Yes, I agree that rule A.14.1.(a) will need to be amended. It should not be necessary to put this to a vote as the GBR motion which was passed by WC is clear in its intent. The further change required is housekeeping.

RoyL

Post by RoyL » 04 Feb 2009, 18:24

Alfonso: Thanks for the heads up. As Ken has pointed out, like most motions passed at an AGM, the exact language to be inserted into the rules usually requires a little tweaking after the vote to get it right. The intent here was and is clear. We'll make it work so that the second owner of a boat can pass the certificates on.