YAY!

Discuss the IOM class rules and interpretations

Moderators: Pedro Egea, jeffbyerley

Steve Landeau

YAY!

Post by Steve Landeau » 07 Apr 2004, 05:41

"United States of America has completed the requirements to become the twelfth IOM NCA"

Now that it's official, do you think we can get an answer on the request for interpretation that we (USA) sent in 4 months ago?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Landeau
AMYA 10859
IOM USA 112
Finn USA 112
Cal 25 #548

Secretary
IOMICA Secretary

Post by Secretary » 08 Apr 2004, 23:57

Hi Steve,
Now that it's official, do you think we can get an answer on the request for interpretation that we (USA) sent in 4 months ago?
If USA put forward an RFI 4 months ago then it was doubtless submitted by AMYA (in it's function as a DM) directly to RSD.

As such, we (IOMICA) have had little to do with it - indeed if RSD did not acknowledge the receipt of your RFI we wouldn't even have any knowledge of it.

Now that you are an NCA within IOMICA, you (via Rob) have an option of submitting the same RFI to IOMICA (VC Tech - Charles) and he will table it before the (joint) Technical Committee.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marko

Rob Davis
Sail number: USA 32
Club: TRYC
Design: Disco

Post by Rob Davis » 09 Apr 2004, 05:31

No, Marko it was indeed submitted to whom I thought was the steward of the IOM class.

This was Lester's Response (via e-mail)

We are happy to discuss it informally, as you see, but if you'd like a
formal interpretation, I'm not entirely sure of the way forward for
you, since you are not a recognised IOM NCA nor in the process of
recognition.

End Quote

I'm interested in knowing of any other requests that have received such treatment. It seems to me that if anybody has questions that the class would be interested in resolving them. I feel the ICA has responsibilities to the class and it's skipper. In this case, turning a deaf ear to a DM regardless of status is not inline with my ideas of what the ICA should be doing.

Nonetheless, the USA is now a member and I've forwarded the request to you via e-mail.
Rob Davis
USA 232

Secretary
IOMICA Secretary

Post by Secretary » 12 Apr 2004, 17:34

Hi Rob,
No, Marko it was indeed submitted to whom I thought was the steward of the IOM class.
You've been part of the organizational bodies of radio sailing for far longer than myself so I know that you know the following far better than myself, but here it is for the benefit of others:
ISAF-RSD Regulations 6.3.2

(a) requests for an interpretation may be made to ISAF–RSD from the following sources
only:
Division Members
International Class Associations
Copyright Owners
Trade name and Trademark Owners
Manufacturers of ISAF RSD Classes
International measurers for the class appointed by ISAF in accordance with ISAF
Regulation 35 (“International Measurersâ€

Rob Davis
Sail number: USA 32
Club: TRYC
Design: Disco

Post by Rob Davis » 13 Apr 2004, 01:37

Secretary wrote:To the best of my knowledge, we have not received any RFIs from non-members (and if we did, I'm pretty sure they would have received the exact same treatment).

Marko
If anyone out there has received this kind of response from the ICA and remains outside the ICA "club", I'm very interested in assisting you (within reason).
Rob Davis
USA 232