Barbados IOM regatta 2010

Discuss class championship regulations, sailing instructions, umpiring, observing, scoring software, fleet racing systems, forthcoming international events, etc

Moderator: Rob Walsh

Peter Allen

Barbados IOM regatta 2010

Post by Peter Allen » 22 Nov 2009, 18:05

We are declaring the dates of this regatta early so as to ficilitate early holiday arrangements for those attending.It will be back to our original format of two regattas one in the ocean and one at our lake having prizes for the indivisual regattas, and the scores combined for an overall.The dates are as follows Racing 30thJune-1st July,2nd July Lay Day,Racing 3rd-4thJuly.The NOR will be posted in the not so distant future and will probably require early entry as we are having many enquiries from Europe and North America.Great sailing and great fun.Regards Peter Allen

Nigel

Post by Nigel » 23 Nov 2009, 11:39

Hi Peter,

I am considering a participation in your regatta and combining this with a family vacation. Have you got any agreements around lodging that you can recommend?

kind regards
Nigel Winkley
GER 87

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 23 Nov 2009, 13:58

Hi Nigel,the regatta dates to some degree are set bearing in mind it's off season so Flights and accomadation are cheaper at that time of year and easier to find.Basically you can find from a guest house up to a 5 star hotel on this island,when the NOR is released it will have some suggestions but trust me there's a lot more.I would suggest surfing the internet for an apartment in the Worthing,Christ Church area excellent beaches and you are central, it will be cheaper than a hotel and money saved can go towards a car rental which i hily suggest, even some of you getting together and renting a van so as you can split that cost,if most of you aim to stay in this general area it makes the logistics of transport so much easier.If you send me an email stating if you want an apartment or hotel i shall give you a more specific recomendation. Regards Peter stilettocruises@yahoo.com
p.s look at barbados.org this leads to several propertys in the worthing area and this lady owns a beach cottage her web site is actionrentalsbarbados.com

Peter Allen

Re: Barbados IOM regatta 2010

Post by Peter Allen » 14 Dec 2009, 15:16

I should mention that in 2010 the ocean part of this regatta we shall be sailing from the M/V Buccaneer(parrot included) as we did in 2008 indeed very unique.Everybody will board in the morning and we shall be sailing to a new venue, where the waves will be on the bow rather than on the beam with clean air.Previously we were commited to sail at a specific location because of logistics and sponsors,this new location is 10 mins from port,but will be out in the wide open with no wind obstructions so the wind will be steady in direction and stronger,the waves will be head on so the Buccaneer will be a stable platform to sail from allowing us to set a championship race course.Regards Peter Allen

Steve Landeau

Post by Steve Landeau » 16 Dec 2009, 17:37

I will be there.
Steve Landeau
AMYA 10859
IOM USA 112
Finn USA 112
Cal 25 #548

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 16 Dec 2009, 23:44

Steve that's great to hear you'll be back on the racecourse after a bit of an absence.As i said we're modifying the ocean part of the regatta to make that even more spectacular,the lake is just fine unfortunatley the guys at the worlds did'nt get to do that one.This will prob be your 4th time,we'll give you the keys to the island great to hear from you.Peter
P.S If you were here at the worlds you really have not done this regatta, this is a completely different format which we have been using in the past and keep perfecting,this could not be used at the worlds because of the max number of sailors and heats,in my own opinion this is much better sailing and more fun.

Rob Walsh
Sail number: 25
Club: Fleetwood MY&PBC
Design: Britpop

Post by Rob Walsh » 23 Dec 2009, 00:52

Would love to attend as had a great time at World Championships, but it clashes with a ranking race in the UK and with the next worlds in the UK compitition will be hot as everyone will want a spot

Hope to see you guys at west kirby in 2011 !!
VC Events

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 03 May 2010, 16:41

Hello everyone,the NOR for Barbados 2010 has been posted.Any interested parties can email me at stilettocruises@yahoo.com this is a very fun event with excellent sailing conditions including a holiday of a lifetime.Peter Allen BAR74

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 21 May 2010, 19:00

Just a reminder the regatta is end of next month.This will be a better sailing format than the worlds.Already we have an entry of some very good sailors.