IOM Italian Championship 2013

Discuss class championship regulations, sailing instructions, umpiring, observing, scoring software, fleet racing systems, forthcoming international events, etc

Moderator: Rob Walsh

Olivier Cohen
IOMICA Chairman
Sail number: FRA 100
Design: Venti
France

IOM Italian Championship 2013

Post by Olivier Cohen » 19 Sep 2013, 11:22

Message received from ITA NCA :

"Brenzone is a small town in front of the city of “Campione del Garda”, where there will be the 2014 IOM Class European Championship. (The other side of the lake)

Italian IOM NCA is very proud of the relationship created with many others IOM NCAs. The success of the relationships are the many foreign skippers who will participate at the Championship.

If it were not for the combination of the IOM Championship in Croatia in the same days and the proximity of the World in Israel, we would had a more foreign participation.

Is possible follow the event from web site: http://www.yachtclubverona.it/cp/index. ... e-iom-2013 "

All my wishes to organisers and competitors for a great event !
IOMICA Chairman

Olivier Cohen
IOMICA Chairman
Sail number: FRA 100
Design: Venti
France

Re: IOM Italian Championship 2013

Post by Olivier Cohen » 20 Sep 2013, 17:48

I got news from FRA competitors.

All very upset because that event is based on HMS2007 modified by MVI, which means no seeding race, and first heats directly based on Italian ranking.
So ALL foreign competitors (12 on entry list) start from C fleet !

Not a very good way to welcome foreign competitors. Not a good publicity for ITA radiosailing, and I don't understand welcome message above.
IOMICA Chairman