MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL 2008 REGATTA

Discuss class championship regulations, sailing instructions, umpiring, observing, scoring software, fleet racing systems, forthcoming international events, etc

Moderator: Rob Walsh

Peter Allen

MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL 2008 REGATTA

Post by Peter Allen » 19 Apr 2008, 20:55

MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL 2008 REGATTA to be held during the period 25th June thru to 29th June 2008.

NEWS FLASH THE REGATTA IS ON AND WE ARE READY FOR THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL 2008 REGATTA to be held during the period 25th June thru to 29th June 2008.

Dear Sailors,

An invitation is extended to you to visit our beautiful sunny island of Barbados to participate in this year’s MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD 2008 / DIGICEL REGATTA to be held during the period 25th June thru to 29th June 2008.

The Notice Of Race for the 2008 Regatta will be made available very soon on this site.

The Regatta consist of four days of racing, two of which will be held at the location as shown below, and two days to be held on the beautiful Caribbean Sea just offshore sailing from a very large Power Catamaran situated just offshore of the very well know Barbados BOATYARD.

The Prize giving will be held at the completion of the races on the Sunday, this in itself is usually a great affair with plenty of MOUNT GAY RUM in attendance.

Travel to Barbados is very simple with daily flights from New York, Miami, Atlanta, Puerto Rico,Toronto and England. With total cost for flights and accommodation stating at $ 350.000 see attached link for hotel and flight to Barbados with real good fares.

We are working diligently to obtain sponsorship that will allow us to invite a guess sailor for this event, by providing free travel to Barbados, so please let us know of your willingness to attend and to be considered for this placement.

http://www.barbados.bookit.com/?GCID=S3...5PAodWwLiQ

Should traveling with your boat be a problem we do have boats that can be made available for use to visiting sailors, so do not let getting the boat to Barbados be any hold back.

Should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact us at the following addresses-:

SHANE ATWELL COORDINATOR OF THE EVENT Tel 246 230 0201 email sailingbajan@yahoo.com

PETER GILKES Tel 246 262 4783 email spanbar@caribsurf.com

We really want to make a success of this event and this can only happen with your involvement and your support, please come out and visit our shores and see our island our beaches our night life, restaurants, bars and have a most wonderful holiday in sunny Barbados.

We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful island and to show you our hospitality, also to introduce you to our World famous Mount Gay Rum that is known World wide.

Please find below some links to pictures showing both the pond and the Power Catamaran where the sailing is to take place.

http://onemetre.sbmyc.com/2008/docs/Bar ... d_2008.jpg
http://onemetre.sbmyc.com/2008/docs/Bar ... 2008_2.jpg

We now have photos of the Power Catamaran to used for the event.
http://www.sbmyc.com/phpbb/download/fil ... &mode=view

Peter Allen
Last edited by Peter Allen on 23 Apr 2008, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Allen

http://onemetre.sbmyc.com/2008/docs/barbados_2008_NOR.pdf

Post by Peter Allen » 22 Apr 2008, 06:02

Hi everybody

I have put up some information on the 2008 Barbados Mount Gay Championships on www.iom-nordic.org

In 2006 we went two families from Norway to this arrangement. We stayed for 10 days and had a graet time at this marvelous Island.

The racing was great, the guys sailing there where perfect hosts, the hospitality we was met with was just top.

My whole family wants to go back and we will, but this year all the mony has gone to restoring a 1968 Datsun 1600 roadster.

http://www.iom-nordic.org/index.php?opt...iew&id=708

2008 Barbados Mount Gay Championships
by Ole Peder Bjørsom

Every year in the end of june the IOM sailors invites you to their national championship. This year is no exception.
The 2008 MOUNT GAY/ BOATYYARD 2008 / DIGICELL REGATTA is on in the period 25th June through 29tth June.

This regatta is an exprience for life. 4 days with racing im the most beautiful surroundings and the rekaxed attude of Carribean. Meet the bajans , tast the rum and live the life while enjoying what you like most, IOM racing.

http://www.iom-nordic.org/index.php?opt...Itemid=131

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 24 Apr 2008, 17:28

I'm happy to comfirm that we have four crack sailors out for the USA in Jeff Wieiss Steve Landeau Tony Gonsalves and John Castelli all of whom have attended this event before, this in itself speaks volumes about the quality of racing at this event.

It is a great opportunity for the European and UK sailors to meet the Americans half way as our geographical location is perfect for this event.

We now have confirmation from the UK sailors that they are coming and we are expect an even larger turnout of Americans to challenge the UK based sailors.

This event has excellent race courses and the wind is usually in the range of the #2 rig.

We will have an international judge who will be on the protest committee an excellent Race Director in Penny McIntyre. A super event coordinator in Shane Atwell.

As for anyone who has downloaded the pic of the M/V Buccaneer,this power cat gives us the ability to move a bit futher out into cleaner wind and the boat will act as a wind vane allowing us to set the course parallel while sailing from an elevated level.

This vessel is bigger on deck than it looks in the photo, and i'm sure it is going to be a fantastic venue to operate from, not to mention that it will also provide a shaded area for the sailors, this regatta has huge potential and can only develope with your participation and your involvement and the help of the sponsors The Mount Gay Rum,The Boatyard and Digicel.

At this time of the year excellent deals can be had, our visitors for the past few years have stayed in accomodation starting from a beach cottage for $20 a nite, we are willing to assist you in the right direction regarding your accomodations while here.

IOM sailing and a holiday in Barbados need I say more?

Peter
Last edited by Peter Allen on 02 May 2008, 05:39, edited 3 times in total.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 28 Apr 2008, 14:55

I would also like to bring to your attention that the Euro and Pound Sterling are extremly strong against the US dollar making a trip to Barbados extremly affordable.$1 USD= $2 Barbados dollars.

Regards Peter
Last edited by Peter Allen on 02 May 2008, 05:43, edited 2 times in total.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 02 May 2008, 04:13

Hi everyone, we can now confirm that we did receive the most pleasing news today that Ken Binks and his wife will be attending for sure, his email reads WE ARE COMING and there is a better than even chance that Graham Bantock and his wife Lorna will be making the trip to Barbados.

To all those first timers and repeats we want to say thank you for giving this your support and help towards making this a wonderful event.
We will continue to keep you posted on the names that will be coming and activies that are planned during the event.

Things keep getting better and better and we want to make it the best time in the SUNSHINE IN BARBADOS and the best that it can be.

Well folks we just got an email from Ken Binks stating that he and his family will be in Barbados for the MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL 2008 REGATTA and it looks like there is 90 % chance that Mr.Graham Bantock and his wife Lorna will be there as well to particpate in this event, so well done guys cannot wait for June to roll around7 more weeks

We are now able to confirm that we have had a confirmation from some of the big names out of the USA in IOM model boat sailing coming to our shores in the likes of Jeff Weiss, Tony Gonsalves, Steve Landeau, John Castelli , We have also extended an Invitation to Mr. Graham Bantock and Mr. Ken Binks to attend this event and give it an International flavour.

WE are eagerly awaiting a positive response from both of the UK competitors in the hope that we maybe able to create a regatta with the best of the best doing battle against each other for the Champion Sailor award.

Not to mention the prizes that will be on offer none more so than that BARREL OF MOUNT GAY EXTRA OLD RUM, but we do have some very special prizes on offer but those will be revealed to those who make the trip to Barbados and partake in this fun time in the SUN.

On the lay day we will have the competitors sailing in a regatta under the auspices of the BARBADOS SAILING ASSOCIATION and the BARBADOS YACHT CLUB this race will take place in the most beautiful turquoise blue waters of Carlisle Bay, this was requested last year by Steve and this year we have made it a reality for you on the lay day.

Peter Allen

THIS IS BECOMING A REAL INTERNATIONAL AFFAIR

Post by Peter Allen » 02 May 2008, 22:56

Hi Guys, this event has all the makings of a great INTERNATIONAL IOM event, we have just received an email from Robert in Croatia expressing his intentions to attend this event, we look forward to receiving each and everyone of you to our shores.

On 2008 Croatian IOM Championship I was 3rd. I am current ISAF RSD Technical Committee Chairman. More about IOM sailing on www.hjs.hr/ru -on Croatian only :-( Photos from 2008 IOM Championship:
http://iom-cro.net/index.php?option=com ... =27&gid=54

We will await your entry but more importantly we will await your arrival at the Airport in Barbados where you will be collected by someone from the local reception committee and taken to your hotel or guest house.

We are planning a fun filled relaxing week or two in Barbados so come and be part of this exciting event and have some FUN IN THE SUN IN BARBADOS.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 03 May 2008, 17:19

Ok I went hunting, and I would suggest Chateau Blanc apts unbeliveable seaview,full kitchen air conditoned huge patio and living room.

Apt 1 and 3 sleeps 4 persons
Apt2 sleeps 2
Those are the best rooms in the place in terms of the view, however the place is really nice in general.

For those that want to go cheaper theres the Trump plaza (not by any stretch of the mind) run by
Tony Vanderpool,great guy, it's two back flips from the beach.

For the little extra Chateau Blanc is worth every penny in my opinion.

Chateau Blanc Apartments
On Sea
1st ave Worthing
Barbados
Tel(246)-435-7518
Fax(246)-435-7414
Email chateaublanc@caribsurf.com
Website www.barbados.org

Merryville Guest House
Tony Vanderpool
4th ave worthing
Barbados
Tel& Fax (246)-435-7334
Email sdyall@hotmail.com

Or go to Go to www.barbados.org

There was also a site offering really good value for money the Hotel at SILVER SANDS was listed on one of the sites that I worked and it was very reasonable indeed.

For me the value for money site is the YELLOW BIRD HOTEL is is very nicely located at the beginning of a street that is lined with restaurants and bars, the owner has quoted a figure of US$ 75.00 per room per night which is really good value for money.

My advice for those that maybe searching the net for deals is any hotel that they select please make sure that it is a south coast based hotel as the west coast tends to be a more expensive coast to stay on but it is more out of the way in relation to the sailing activites, it would be great if we could get the majority of those coming to use one hotel as it would make picking up and dropping off that much easier, I will try to post another site later today once I have been able to find out if it is open and available for the period, this is a location that the American guys have used in the past and they love it.

You will need to take the address in order to fill out your imigration card otherwise they will hassle you at the airport.

If you need more places there's lots,shout and i'll sort it out.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 03 May 2008, 18:23

News now reaching us here in Barbados is that we will be seeing the arrival of yet another top American sailor from the Ackee Tree Yacht Club of Florida.

In a conversation a few minutes ago we had the pleasure to learn that Mr Clem Grosvenor has accepted our invitation to attend this event and to come and partake of the great sailing conditions and to enjoy and have some FUN IN THE SUN IN BARBADOS.

This event continues to attract the best of the best from both sides of the Atlantic Ocean this in itself is a great feat when one considers that Barbados is but a mere dot in the Atlantic Ocean with beautiful white sandy beaches and a great climate and a great lifestyle, to attract sailors of the calibre that we are seeing is remarkable indeed.

The outlook today and nearly everyday is Sunny and Warm 82 deg F winds from the East at 16 to 18 knots 2/8's cloud cover.
Lovely cooling tradewind breezes to keep the island feeling much cooler that 80 deg.

NO NEED FOR SWEATERS OR WIND BREAKERS HERE IN BARBADOS .

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 04 May 2008, 07:28

Baywatch Resorts - South Gap Hotel & Yellow Bird Hotel"

Email- : yellowbird@caribsurf.com

A. Sunil Chatrani" sunil_chatrani@bsandtco.com

As per your conversation with Sunil, I am happy to offer you a special rate of US 75.00 per night inclusive of tax & service charge, based on single or double occupancy.

Please note that South Gap has 9 rooms available for this period and Yellow Bird can offer you 5.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Regards
Geeta Chatrani
Baywatch Resorts - Yellow Bird Hotel
Tel: 246 418 8444 / Fax: 246 418 9770

www.yellowbirdbarbados.com

http://www.yellowbirdbarbados.com

Baywatch Resorts - South Gap Hotel
Tel: 246 435 9481 / Fax: 246 420 6431

www.southgapbarbados.com

http://www.southgapbarbados.com
Last edited by Peter Allen on 04 May 2008, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 04 May 2008, 17:45

Please find as below some useful information with regard to Guest Hoiuse accomodations here in Barbados.

Maraval Guest house

1 Double room with shower and toilet

http://www.maravalbarbados.com/maraval.htm

Emville guesthouse

http://barbados.org/hotels/emville/index.htm#contact

Master bedroom /own bathroom

"Enterprise" house

http://www.barbados.org/apt/shellonthesea/

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 07 May 2008, 17:44

Friends we can now confirm beyond any shadow of doubt that we will be seeing both Graham Bantock and Ken Binks sailing in Barbados for the THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL REGATTA 2008.

We have just received firm airline bookings to Barbados with Ken and his wife Susie arriving on 13.45 23rd June flight and Graham and his wife Lorna will be arriving on the 23rd June flight at 13.45.

We are still awaiting the latest news about the status of another overseas visitor in the form of Robert Grubisa from Croatia the number 3 in his country, we are very hopeful that he will also be making this trip to Barbados.

We are indeed very proud and happy to be able to attract sailors of such a standing to our shores, and wish them well with their competetion while in Barbados.

One piece of housekeeping here, both Shane and myself will be out of the island as from SATURDAY the 10 th thru to the 18 th of May and during this period should you require any information on the THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD / DIGICEL REGATTA 2008 please feel free to direct your enquires to either Tony Gonzalves at bajansail03@aol.com or Billy Tempro at billytempro@caribsurf.com.

In the meanwhile keep your entries flowing in and book your airline tickets today.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 07 May 2008, 17:50

Our entry list is getting some really top names adding on to it, from Croatia we will be seeing Robert Grubisa out for the USA some top names in Jeff Weiss Steve Landeau Tony Gonsalves and John Castelli, Clem Grosvenor, from the UK we will be seeing Graham Bantock and Ken Binks.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 07 May 2008, 22:38

IT KEEPS GROWING AND GETTING BETTER BY THE MINUTE NOW

Hi Peter....

After a long talk to my family,finally my sister decided to change her wedding date...so because of that I can go to Barbados....

You can count me and Filippo Pandiani in....So far from USA

Fred Rocha,Steve Landeau,Jeff Weiss,John Castelli,Tony Gonsalves,Clen Grosvernor and Filippo Pandiani....

I'll call Martin Wolf to check if he is going too,okay?

See you all soon

Dear Fred thank you,
Your confirmation is extremely pleasing to us, we look forward to having you attend our THE MOUNT GAY RUM / THE BOATYARD / DIGICEL REGATTA 2008 and taking part in the fun in the sun Regatta.

We are very pleased indeed that you are bringing along a friend in Filippo as well and PLEASE DO CONTACT MARTIN WOLF as well as we would really like to have him back actually we would love to have all of those that have attended previous regattas to return for this top quality event.

You will get to sail against the best in the world and relax under a coconut tree with a RUM PUNCH in your hand.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 11 May 2008, 17:02

Hi All,
We are seeking out accommodations for everyone, Robert you are booked into Maraval at US $ 40.00 per night, the USA representatives the villa that you have used in the past is available and Doc can bring you up todate with this arrangement.

Ken and Graham we will bring you up to speed next week or should you want earlier information I would suggest that you contact Billy Tempro at billytempro@caribsurf.com as he is working on something for you.
As for me I will be leaving the island very shortly to travel to Tobago to do the race week there, which means my communication via internet will be very limited, my advice is to refer any urgent issues to either Tony, Billy or Doc while I am out of the island.

Keep the entrys flowing and help us to make this a really great week in BARBADOS.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 19 May 2008, 12:27

It should be noted that this regatta at present is at 16 entries,we have room for double that number so com on guys enter!!.In that small mumber we have the Top sailors from each respective country,Barbados Croatia UK USA and Trinidad.It's a regatta known for excellent courses and wind not to mention the FUN.

Peter Allen

SUN , FUN and SAILING IN IDEAL CONDITIONS THAT IS BARBADOS

Post by Peter Allen » 24 May 2008, 15:57

We have a great event planned for Barbados made even more inviting by having the best of the best facing off against each other from both sides of the pond.

It has the makings of a fantastic regatta with fantastic sailing conditions and being held on a wonderful sun drenched island in the Caribbean, with great Bars and some of the BEST RESTAURANTS in the world to choose from ask Michael Winner he can confirm this to be true.

We have worked really hard to find the right mix for this event I can assure you that you will not be disappointed should you decide to attend, we have also made arrangements for the IOM sailors to compete against each other in bigger boats ( Thanks to Penny and the Barbados Sailing Association for allowing this feature ) on the Lay Day to add the fun of the event.

Our prize giving will be held at THE BOATYARD on completion of racing on the Sunday afternoon at which time we will be having our Minister of Sport giving out the prizes, and what prizes do we have ?

My only advice is to come and sail and do well and you will be amazed at what we have in store for you to win.

We still have openings for more visitors to enter so please sign up as soon as you can, after all you will be racing against some of the best in the World, it maybe a tiny rock in the middle of the ocean but trust me we set very high standards in anything that we undertake and this regatta is no exception, we have attracted some of the finest names in many sporting events to our shores and this IOM Championship is no different.

Contact us with your inquires and questions at -:

Shane Atwell at sailingbajan@yahoo.com

Billy Tempro at billytempro@caribsurf.com

Peter Gilkes at spanbar@caribsurf.com

We are eagerly awaiting you questions, your bookings and your entry to THE MOUNT GAY / THE BOATYARD REGATTA 2008.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 28 May 2008, 21:06

Wow this thing is growing at such a rate and we are really looking like this is going to be an outstanding event THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD 2008 REGATTA.

We have now had confirmation that we will be seeing more International faces coming to Barbados we can now confirm that we have just booked in Danny and Ricardo from Brazil and Argentina this makes this regatta a truly international one with competitors from Barbados, Trinidad, USA, Croatia, Argentina, Brazil and England taking part in this event and giving it a truly International flavour.

An event of this nature will not be the same without the influx of competitors and locals alike, the organising committee would like to thank you in advance for taking time out of your busy schedules to visit with us in Barbados, not only to partake in the four days of sailing but also to see the island, enjoy the restaurants of which they are many and to enjoy the night life which I can confirm is lively.

While here or even before your arrival here please feel free to email any request or questions to one of us at the email addresses as below -:

Let me also confirm that travel arrangements have been completed for all of you from the airport to your hotels on the day of your arrival and so to for your return trip to the airport.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 05 Jun 2008, 00:12

We thought it necessary to update you on our arrangements for the upcoming event and this is where we are at to date -:

We have been seeking out arrival information from each of you to set about arranging the pick ups from the Airport to your accommodation.

On the Tuesday evening we will be having the measurement session for all the IOM sailors.

With racing starting early on the Wednesday we are arranging the collections from your various locations for travel to the Pond for the start of the sailing event, lunch and refreshments will be provided while there.

The Thursday is going to be a repeat of the Wednesday's program with collection and the serving of food and drink.

On one of these days yours truly will be the cook so you may want to decide to bring in some fast food or something, I am just kidding you here.

Now the Friday has been set aside as the Lay day we have the following options open and available to all of you.

1) To visit the Boatyard beach area and join the Power Cat and go out and sail in the Sea conditions and get the feel for the conditions.

2) To take part in some Topper or of like size and type boat and compete against each other for Bragging rights.

3) To be taken on a tour of our wonderful Island.

4) To sail the West Coast of our beautiful coastline on THE HEATWAVE with a lunch stop and swimming.

We return to sailing on Saturday this time it will be taking place area of our host venue THE BOATYARD, we will be provided a great lunch while there and then you will be able to retire to the Bar for your favorite drink which I will assume to be a MOUNT GAY RUM DRINK.

On sunday we start out at THE BOATYARD early the morning and once again lunch will be provided for all competitors and their guess, we intend to end the sailing by around 3.30 pm on the evening of the Sunday, this is in an effort to allow everyone the chance to tidy up and pack away their stuff and settle down to some serious FUN and the odd Beverage.

We should be having our Minister of Sport there to present the prizes for the closing off of this years event.

We will also be setting up pickup arrangements and planning the return trip to the airport for everyone.

We have been told that it is not the norm to have things so well planned and arrangements in place for airport pickups and dropoffs but we intend to make this a most memorable and enjoyable event for everyone attending in the wish that having attended this year you will have no option but to book for the following year before your departure to your homeland, that is our sincere wish and hope, we really want each and everyone of you to have the most fantastic holiday in Barbados and some fun in the sun.

In closing let me say that we welcome each and every person that has decided to take the time off to come and visit our beautiful island and we trust that you will enjoy every moment of your stay with us.

Good sailing and an enjoyable stay to all.

Peter Allen

THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD REGATTA 2008

Post by Peter Allen » 09 Jun 2008, 17:15

Dear Friends, Supporters and those planning on Attending THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD REGATTA 2008.

I would like to bring your attention to those that are making this event possible and are going out of their way to make it a very special event for our sailing calendar, each of the following companies have contributed in no small way to this event.

As a result of the kindness extended to us by all of the establishments listed below we hope that we can all show our thanks by supporting them in whatever area we can.

MOUNT GAY RUM THE FINEST RUM IN THE WORLD FOR OVER 300 YEARS

http://www.mountgayrum.com/

THE BOATYARD BAR MAYBE THE FINEST BEACH BAR IN THE WORLD

http://www.theboatyard.com/

LITTLE GOOD HARBOUR THE FINEST ACCOMMODATIONS IN A VERY SPECIAL LOCATION

http://www.littlegoodharbourbarbados.com/index1.html

THE BEST OF BARBADOS WHILE ON THE WATER

http://www.heatwavesailingcruises.com/

THE BEST PLACE TO BE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN NAUGHTY AND ARE TRYING TO GET BACK INTO SOMEONES GOOD BOOKS

http://www.diamondsbarbados.com/default.aspx

THE BEST PLACE TO EAT DRINK AND BE HAPPY

http://www.luckyh.com/site/

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 13 Jun 2008, 10:25

Dear Guys and Gals,

We are moving into the final stages of planning and preparation for THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD REGATTA 2008.

To this end we are seeking everyones help in giving it the final push towards the winning line, I personally would like to thank Fred and Tony for making a sterling effort to encourage and entice new and old alike to our shores for this event, with this in mind we would love to hear about the status and the likelihood of Martin returning to sail with us again, on his last visit he was remarkable in his donating of his IOM to a young Bajan sailor to get him started in the local racing, we would most certainly be very excited to see him return to our shores.

We are also wondering about the status of some of our former attendees like Rick Shoos, Dick Carver and Bob Dunlap, all of whom have attended this event in the past and whom we would love to see attend again this year, guys do not miss this one it has all the makings of a super event and a wonderful holiday in the tropics with a cold BANKS BEER AND THE BEST RUM IN THE WORLD MOUNT GAY RUM in plentiful supply.

Steve, Jeff and all those that have booked and confirmed your attendance please be informed that we are working out a sponsorship arrangement with BANKS BEER our local beer and once it all comes together be assured of copious (actually we are requesting a hosed direct link between the brewery and Sandy Beach) amounts of BANKS BEER being available from early in the day then moving into the MOUNT GAY by evening.

Further to my posting with the four choices for the Lay Day activity we have received many responses with THE HEATWEAVE SAILING CRUISE http://www.heatwavesailingcruises.com/ being the most favoured followed closely by THE ISLAND TOUR in second position, we will be looking into these arrangements and will advise you accordingly as to our decision, we have discussed the matter before and we are of the belief that rather than trying to manage two events on the Lay Day it maybe better to stick to one or the other and operate that one.

Most importantly we want all of you to come enjoy the Bajan Hospitality and culture and enjoy four great days of sailing in our wonderful conditions, we from this end have set about to make all the arrangements that we can think about to make this event a memorable fun filled one and we look forward to each and everyone of you attending and leaving Barbados with cherished memories of a wonderful holiday in Sunny Barbados.

We thank you.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 14 Jun 2008, 14:19

This REGATTA 2008 is going to be the biggest and the best sailing event in Barbados this year, it has all the makings of a tremendous gathering of IOM sailors and friends.

We are now hearing about the arrival of Marko Majic and his wife along with the possibilty of another Canadian sailor should both of these guys make the trip it would be wonderful to have them visit and sail with us in THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD REGATTA 2008 and it will add to our International flair at this event in addition to these CANADIANS we have representation coming for this event from BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, ENGLAND, USA and CROATIA this is truly a remarkable feat to have attracted some of the of the best IOM sailors to this event.

We have promised a great regatta and we have also promised a great time in Barbados and we certainly plan to live up to our promises to all of you.

For a preview of some of the participating sponsors for this event please visit my earlier posting on that subject.

Thank you Marko for your making the effort to attend and so too I would like to thank each and everyone of you for making the trip and for helping us make this the best regatta we have put on.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 15 Jun 2008, 14:40

FYI We still have spaces available to those of you thinking about attending this Regatta.

Just email us your travel information as soon as it becomes available and we will set about making up your entry form.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 17 Jun 2008, 05:43

Only this evening we have received the confirmation that we will be having a visit from Mr Marko Majic to race in the Mount Gay/Boatyard Barbados Regatta 2008.

We are indeed happy to welcome he and his wife to our island and trust that each and everyone of you attending have a trip of your lifetime, one that will make you always want to return to our shores.

Fred please make contact with one of us as we need to finalise travel arrangements for your two friends from Argentina and Brazil, thank you.

MOUNT GAY RUM THE FINEST RUM IN THE WORLD FOR OVER 300 YEARS

http://www.mountgayrum.com/

THE BOATYARD BAR MAYBE THE FINEST BEACH BAR IN THE WORLD

http://www.theboatyard.com/

LITTLE GOOD HARBOUR THE FINEST ACCOMMODATIONS IN A VERY SPECIAL LOCATION

http://www.littlegoodharbourbarbados.com/index1.html

THE BEST OF BARBADOS WHILE ON THE WATER

http://www.heatwavesailingcruises.com/

THE BEST PLACE TO BE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN NAUGHTY AND ARE TRYING TO GET BACK INTO SOMEONES GOOD BOOKS

http://www.diamondsbarbados.com/default.aspx

THE BEST PLACE TO EAT DRINK AND BE HAPPY

http://www.luckyh.com/site/

Funci
Sail number: CRO 711
Club: JK Val, Šibenik
Design: K2
Croatia

Post by Funci » 17 Jun 2008, 09:21

Do you have official web page for this regatta?
Hrvoje Duvančić
CRO 71
www.regate.com.hr

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 17 Jun 2008, 13:57

Link to the NOR is provided looking forward to your entries for some fun in the sun

http://onemetre.sbmyc.com/2008/docs/bar ... 08_NOR.pdf

Funci
Sail number: CRO 711
Club: JK Val, Šibenik
Design: K2
Croatia

Post by Funci » 18 Jun 2008, 12:11

And somewhere on that web page we will be updated with results and pictures?
Hrvoje Duvančić
CRO 71
www.regate.com.hr

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 23 Jun 2008, 16:42

Hi All,

Everything is now in place for the hosting of THE MOUNT GAY BOATYARD IOM REGATTA 2008.

We will be posting the results daily on this site and the site of the Barbados Sailing Association http://www.sailbarbados.com/

We have received an excellent entry with some of the best IOM sailors accepting our invitation to come to Barbados and to enjoy a great week of sailing and also to enjoy a week of great Barbadian entertainment.

We will be announcing our dates for next years regatta within the coming days and we will have something special in store for those that sign on early, more on that later.

We are all ready and set to go for our event with racing beginning on Wednesday sailing Wednesday and Thursday with a Lay Day Friday to take a lovely coastal cruise on HEATWAVE CRUISES http://www.heatwavesailingcruises.com/ and there will also be the option to cruise on a lovely Cabin Cruiser THE SHOOTER along the coast line of Barbados as well.

Then returning to racing at THE BOATYARD BEACH http://www.theboatyard.com/ for the Saturday and Sunday followed by the Grand Prize giving at THE BOATYARD scheduled for around 4.00 pm.

We have been informed by Paul Johnson that he will be making an offer to any sailors attending this event to try out his New Brazilian Restaurant Paulos at Bagatelle on the Thursday evening, for more on this we will update you on this at the skippers briefing.

We are looking forward to a keenly contested event with good sportsmanship and good sailing and good fun.

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 27 Jun 2008, 15:22

Day one results are posted at onemetre.sbmyc.com/forums/

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 27 Jun 2008, 15:45

IOM Day 1 Results.xls
Description:

http://onemetre.sbmyc.com/forums/download.php?id=410

THE MOUNT GAY / BOATYARD IOM REGATTA 2008 Barbados Championships

Date(s) June 25th - 29th 2008
Host Club Barbados Sailing Association /IOM Association

DAY 1 OVERALL POINTS RESULTS