VIRTURAL SAILING - Volvo Race - for the cold winter ahead

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

Mark McCrindle

VIRTURAL SAILING - Volvo Race - for the cold winter ahead

Post by Mark McCrindle » 09 Oct 2008, 20:28

http://www.volvooceanracegame.org/home.php

There is a fun online game starting this weekend that follows the Volvo Ocean Race. You can sail a virtual boat around the globe in real time and real weather. The last time they did a race like this, that worked, was in 1998. I am proud to say in that event I finished third overall out of 10000. The best part was that a team from my home yacht club had another virtual boats finish 5th and 6th. The year after the race I had to opportunity to meet Paul Cayard who won the real race. We sat and had a beer and it was quite an interesting talk about how the game reflected what they were actually going thru on the ocean.

You go to the web site (link above) and register a boat. Frank Vella has started a “groupâ€
MARK

FarhaanBehardien

Re: VIRTURAL SAILING - Volvo Race - for the cold winter ahead

Post by FarhaanBehardien » 27 Oct 2019, 16:43

I am very much interested in such events. As Just now I came to know, so simply I missed the last year event. I would like to join in future such events. I dont know what to follow to get future updates in time. If any info help pls.