Shiraz

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

Dave Pickett
Sail number: GBR3845
Club: Eastbourne
Design: TS2 and Shiraz

Shiraz

Post by Dave Pickett » 07 Aug 2014, 09:42

After my aborted attempt to get started with the Spirit (glad its now on the water though) I am about to retire and from Sept will have time to start IOM sailing at Eastbourne.

The Shiraz looks like a good boat, and not stupidly priced ready built/rigged with the RMG winch (great way to sell a 99p mabuchi motor at £200, but hey ho there appears not to be a better alternative) does anyone have experience of this boat they could share?

Are there other alternatives I should consider? (I emailed Trevor at Wirral Marine regarding Gadget+ but have not received a reply) Any others?

Dave Pickett
Sail number: GBR3845
Club: Eastbourne
Design: TS2 and Shiraz

Re: Shiraz

Post by Dave Pickett » 12 Aug 2014, 09:48

OK well I have placed an order for a Shiraz which should be arriving at the end of September.

There are a wide variety of boats at my local club including the current favourite Britpop!, so I will be able to get some comparison (will hardly be a fair one however as my sailing ability wont be anywhere near the other guys in the club!!!)

Looking forward to getting fully involved in IOM now I am retiring.