Florida clubs sailing IOMs?

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

John Clay
Sail number: CAN 000
Club: Kingston Y C
Design: no boat yet

Florida clubs sailing IOMs?

Post by John Clay » 24 Nov 2014, 19:52

I am a Soling 1m sailor who has just graduated to the IOM. I sail at Kingston YC in Canada in the summer and at Citrus Hills MYC in Florida in the winter. I have just ordered a Goth MX7 Evo3 from Brighton Boat works along with rig kits. I am sure to have questions when putting the rigs together. Meanwhile, when the boat is finished I would like to race in Florida before heading back up north. Are there any clubs in Florida racing IOMs? Thanks. John Clay

Peter Allen

Re: Florida clubs sailing IOMs?

Post by Peter Allen » 03 Dec 2014, 01:29

Yup theres a tough bunch that sail at Sable Pines 1/2 hour North of Ft Lauderdale.Go on the USA forum and find them,if not contact me and i'll give you a cell #.

John Clay
Sail number: CAN 000
Club: Kingston Y C
Design: no boat yet

Post by John Clay » 11 Jan 2015, 04:26

Thanks Peter. Waiting for delivery of the hull so I can start on putting rigs together. Should arrive in the next couple of days. Anxious to get the boat in the water. John Clay

Martin Gray
Sail number: 683
Club: JMYC
Design: Mx7

Post by Martin Gray » 22 Jan 2015, 04:46

HI john,

I sail the same Goth Evo3 in Florida in Jacksonville.

I have also been down the coast at Sable Pines where there are a nice bunch of skippers sailing. The wind has to be right for this pond to get the best beats.

Occasionally the fleet comes to Jacksonville where there is a nice Hotel with a great pond where we sail .

The Goth sails very well against the top makes here in Florida. My buddy has an Evo2 which is probably one of the fastest boats in the fleet when the going is light.

Hope you get the boat on the water and sail with us in Florida.