Wording of rule changes

Discuss the IOM class rules and interpretations

Moderators: Pedro Egea, jeffbyerley

Stevew23

Wording of rule changes

Post by Stevew23 » 22 Apr 2013, 00:10

Several times in the recent past we have seen some good rules proposed but only to be defeated at the voting stage because of poorly worded proposals . Given that many members are not native English speakers, or lawyers used to writing things in a particular or concise way - is their not some merit in NCA's submitting their proposals and for the class rules experts/IRSA/ISAF to write the actual wording that appears in the class rules? It may bring its own problems , but I'm not sure effectively excluding a large chunk of the NCA's from submitting rule changes is perfect either. Um, maybe thats a bit strong , but you get my drift...
Steve
Steve Woolfenden RSA23

David L Alston
Sail number: 3011
Club: Leicestershire RYC UK
Design: Fatboy

Re: Wording of rule changes

Post by David L Alston » 26 Apr 2013, 21:23

Steve
I wish I had read this first before reading your tank posing. And I am again intrigued – just how long have you been a RSA NCA Officer. ?

One might suggest not very long. Hang in there for few months – you will see it happening as it always does.
There is a lot of back ground discussion taking place even now.

Stevew23

Re: Wording of rule changes

Post by Stevew23 » 27 Apr 2013, 14:13

David ,
I'm not sure why it is your posts always seem to have such a negative slant - but throwing aspersions at my personal experience or competence isn't appreciated. Not that its any of your business , but its several years since I was asked to serve as NCA rep and also National registrar.
I'm not sure what you think is going to keep "happening as it always does" - but my agenda is no more than to raise and start a discussion on the topic . And yes, I do know their has been some discussion about this previously - perhaps it needs a more thorough interrogation though....
Steve
Steve Woolfenden RSA23