New Championship Regulations?

Discuss class championship regulations, sailing instructions, umpiring, observing, scoring software, fleet racing systems, forthcoming international events, etc

Moderator: Rob Walsh

RoyL

New Championship Regulations?

Post by RoyL » 14 Dec 2009, 00:12

It seems that a revised set of Class Championship Regulations has now been published on the home page. I think it would be helpful if announcements like this were also mentioned on the forum since some of us check here first. Also, would it be possible to see a "red lined" version of the new regulations to see how they have been modified?

Bruce Andersen
USA NCA Officer
Sail number: USA 16
Club: Famous Potatoes Sailing Club
Design: Brit Pop

Re: New Championship Regulations?

Post by Bruce Andersen » 14 Dec 2009, 01:16

I updated the CCR's after the Barbados AGM and included all the passed items from that AGM as well as the passed items from the prior 3 AGM's, as they had not been included.

I put them onto the FTP site, but can't check them anymore because the FTP site has been blocked to the general membership.

I wonder if these CCR's are the same ones I updated? We have not had an AGM since I updated them, so I imagine they are.
Bruce Andersen - USA 16
No longer a USA NCA Officer, but can't change my profile!

Pedro Egea
Sail number: ESP 60
Club: Madrid Vela RC
Design: ALIOTH
Spain

Post by Pedro Egea » 14 Dec 2009, 13:14

Bruce, are you sure of your facts?
Bruce Andersen wrote:.. but can't check them anymore because the FTP site has been blocked to the general membership
The FTP site has never been opened to the general public neither with the previous Exec nor with the current one.
Pedro Egea

------------------------------------------------

Peter Allen

Post by Peter Allen » 14 Dec 2009, 14:33

I agree with Roy that probably most come to the forum first,it seems to me there's no link to the IOMICA homepage on this updated site or maybe i have not seen it but have looked,which is not really a problem but was convienent.Nevertheless it's for the better now, we dont have to read backwards.Just to throw something out there Barbados hosted the worlds 2009,but i wonder where under the six agreed continents we would fall if somewhere down the line we decided to host one.Regards Peter

Olivier Cohen
IOMICA Chairman
Sail number: FRA 100
Design: Venti
France

Post by Olivier Cohen » 14 Dec 2009, 19:45

Hello Bruce,

The updated class championship Rules is similar to the one you've modified, the only thing that has changed his its name, considering IOM Class Rules A.6.1.
It takes into account AGM2008 voted changes (new continental championships and 1 place for "others" NCA in a continental Championship ) but as it hasn't been published after AGM 2008, we've done it.
IOMICA Chairman

Bruce Andersen
USA NCA Officer
Sail number: USA 16
Club: Famous Potatoes Sailing Club
Design: Brit Pop

Post by Bruce Andersen » 15 Dec 2009, 06:38

thanks for the clarification
Bruce Andersen - USA 16
No longer a USA NCA Officer, but can't change my profile!