By accessing this forum, user acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
In an ideal world, in a community where resources are abundant and where the possible sanctions for bad behaviour are loss of money, loss of liberty, or loss of life, justice is properly managed by an independent third party. In the IOM Forum, judicial functions are carried out by the IOMICA Infocomms Sub-Committee with the oversight of the Executive Committee and with right of appeal to the World Council.
You agree to use this forum only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this forum by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, or the transmission of obscene or offensive content, or the disruption of normal flow of dialogue or browsing within this forum.
This IOM Forum "Acceptable Use" policy is intended to help create an atmosphere in which freedom of speech is balanced by self-discipline and a mature attitude to discussion. Remember you are legally responsible for what you write. By virtue of your participation, you are deemed to have agreed to abide by these rules.
- All messages must include your real name. You are not to submit (or attempt to submit) any content anonymously or using any fake, inaccurate, or assumed identity. Signing up (or attempting to sign) up on this forum using more than one username is expressly disallowed.
- Advertisements or solicitations for goods or services are allowed in the "Marketplace" forum only, and only for private transactions. No forum shall be used for advertisements or solicitations for goods or services for trading or business purposes.
- Character assassination, name calling, insults, personal attacks, slurs, or degrading remarks are not allowed. You may not post messages which are malicious, designed to offend, slanderous, hateful, sexually-orientated, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, or otherwise objectionable. Reference should not be made to the personality of other participants in a discussion nor should attacks be made on an individual's character.
- You may not send messages which are knowingly false or inaccurate.
- You may not transmit messages which are in violation of any law, encourage conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, or infringe upon the legal rights of any person or party.
- One to one arguments, disagreements, and disputes of a personal nature shall not be conducted through this forum.
- If a person has sent you a private Email you may not forward it to this forum without the prior consent of the person who sent it.
- The IOMICA Executive Committee upon the recommendation of the ISC reserves all rights to to delete your submissions or bar anyone from this forum, with or without cause.
- The IOMICA Executive Committee upon the recommendation of the ISC, in its sole discretion, shall have the right to determine whether messages are in violation of these guidelines.
- Personal attacks on IOMICA or IOM NCA officials, officers, or helpers are not permitted. Such persons have the right to be protected from personal attack and this right will be enforced.
Misuse of the forum or misbehaviour in the forum may bring one or more of the following sanctions at the discretion of the ISC:
- Private warning
- Public warning
- Deletion of message(s)
- Removal from membership of the forum for a period of time
- Report to member's NCA
- Request to member's NCA to remove member from membership of the NCA
- Report to member's MNA
Guidelines for IOMICA and NCA officials and helpers
IOMICA and NCA officials, officers, and helpers are encouraged to participate in all debates and discussions. It is the intention of IOMICA to foster open and transparent communication. The establishment of the IOM Forum is one example of this intent in practice.
The "Acceptable Use" policy explicitly protects officials and helpers from personal attack and explicitly states that such attack will not be tolerated.
Equally, officials and helpers are required to provide comments and information which uphold the highest standards of discussion and debate. The "Acceptable Use Policy" applies to officials and helpers as to any other forum member, and additionally, an official is required to be polite and dispassionate in all circumstances and regardless of any apparent provocation. When in doubt, an official should refrain from posting any message until they have consulted with one or more members of the World Council (NCA representatives and Executive Committee). When necessary, an official should bring a message to the direct attention of the VC Infocomms.
You retain the copyright and the intellectual property rights in any messages you post. Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast, or transmitted in any way except for your own personal non-commercial home use. Any other use requires the prior written permission of IOMICA. In case permission is granted, the source of the information used shall always be mentioned. You agree not to adapt, alter, or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this forum or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use.
The insignia, trademarks, logos, and service marks ("Marks") displayed on this forum are the property of IOMICA or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of IOMICA or such third party which may own the Mark. In particular, the IOM insignia is a trademark of IOMICA, and the only general permission for its use applies to its display on an IOM mainsail as required by the IOM Class Rules.
Accuracy of information
All information on this forum is provided "as is" with all faults and without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. While such information as may be provided by any IOMICA Officer is believed to be accurate, IOMICA assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information. IOMICA may change the information mentioned at any time without notice. Neither IOMICA nor the forum administrator nor the forum moderators shall be liable for any damages or any indirect, special, consequential, or incidental damages including, without limitation, lost profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data resulting from use of or reliance on the information present or arising out of the use or inability to use this forum. Mention of non-IOMICA products or services is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. IOMICA and its suppliers disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied including, without limitation, those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, arising from dealing, usage, or trade practice.
If you do not agree to any of the above terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue participating in this forum.