video - to promote the sport

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

peter spence

video - to promote the sport

Post by peter spence » 13 Feb 2004, 10:18

now were are all on broadband :) is there some decent free video clips of RC racing that we could show potential newcommers to the sport - the ideal footage would probably be a proper fleet with A heat championship standards of skipper in middle to top of A rig with bright sunshine - any suggestions - and maybe it could have a link on this site for people who stumble across us but who think all we do is drift round the local park's weed-filled pond with little toy boats (we dont do we?)

cheers

peter

Nigel

Post by Nigel » 13 Feb 2004, 19:37

Yes, Andreas Schiebel a sailor from Munich in Germany how works for a TV station has got some professional footage of various classes of model racing yachts including IOM.
He has made a DVD which we offer as promo material when we are at exhibitions with the German NCA.

check out http://mjc-muenchen.de/ for some compressed internet clips.
Nigel Winkley
GER 87

edmorales

VIDEOS

Post by edmorales » 14 Feb 2004, 06:20

Roy Thompson

Post by Roy Thompson » 15 Feb 2004, 09:29

Peter said:
now were are all on broadband
Sorry, but it's not quite true. There are some places where broadband is still prohibitively expensive for the average home user and/or the quality of the service (read: speed of data transmision) isn't really up to scratch. I for one refuse to pay nearly 600Euros a year for it here.
For sure we need promo material over the internet, but available in various formats suitable for all transmission speeds.
Roy Thompson
"WE DON'T SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, WE SEE THINGS AS WE ARE" A.N.

andreasS

Post by andreasS » 23 Feb 2004, 12:15

hi, yes i have a DVD and it cost only the price of 7 Euro + postage. it ist in german. but if you like it, then try an english version. i only want the same think as you. promote RCsailing

cu andreas

www.modellsegeln.net/video.htm