Low discharged nimh batteries in battery pack

Discuss IOM design, building an IOM, information on suppliers, tuning an IOM, results of recent events, etc

Moderator: Pedro Egea

Gilbert Louis

Low discharged nimh batteries in battery pack

Post by Gilbert Louis » 01 Nov 2009, 00:10

Hi,

I recently acquired a few eneloop batteries from sanyo. These are the new technology of low self-discharged nimh batteries. But on the back there is a warning to not solder and not link + to -.

Never noticed this warning on normal nimh batteries and I wonder whether this is just to warn people not to short-circuit the batteries. So my question is has someone already built a battery pack with these batteries yet ? I'd like to know whether it is as safe as making on with regular NiMH cells...

Cheers
Gilbert LOUIS
www.iomireland.org
V6 - RMG - Blackmagick
IRL41 - Ireland

Nigel

Post by Nigel » 02 Nov 2009, 19:19

Hi Gilbert,

I use Eneloops to power my radio. These are soldered into a flat pack of 8 with no negaticve effect so far. A 2.000 mAh pack in a Futaba 3VC last me a 3 day race weekend with out recharge. :P
Nigel Winkley
GER 87

Gilbert Louis

Post by Gilbert Louis » 03 Nov 2009, 21:40

Thanks Nigel for replying that puts me more at ease. It's just that I don't want to "mess" around with batteries and I hadn't seen that warning on regular nimh packaging - though I never really check but I don't have one around to check it either...

In anycase I'll make my battery pack with these eneloop then. Cheers
Gilbert LOUIS
www.iomireland.org
V6 - RMG - Blackmagick
IRL41 - Ireland