What reflections about ARCOS 2004 ?

Discuss class championship regulations, sailing instructions, umpiring, observing, scoring software, fleet racing systems, forthcoming international events, etc

Moderator: Rob Walsh

CARDOSO

What reflections about ARCOS 2004 ?

Post by CARDOSO » 22 Oct 2004, 11:17

What reflections about ARCOS 2004?

What do you think about the Championship?

José Cardoso

Chairman
IOMICA Chairman

Post by Chairman » 22 Oct 2004, 13:42

Hi Jose

I've posted my opinion earlier, something like:
Lester wrote:Hospitality was stunning. Venue was outstanding. Facilities and resources were very good. Race management didn't fully understand R/C sailing. Still some problems with the umpiring system.
I have also asked some sailors for their personal opinions, and of course anyone is welcome to post their views here. If preferred, I and I am sure any member of the Executive or World Council is also happy to receive a private e-mail.

All of these views will be discussed in IOMICA, and I expect to see advice and proposals in due course. In particular, IOMICA will publish a Race Management Manual for the guidance of Race Officers and Race Committees, and will publish standard Sailing Instructions including a standard appendix for the conduct of umpired racing. All contributions are very welcome.
Chairman
IOMICA Executive

Alfonso
IOMICA Chairman

Post by Alfonso » 04 Nov 2004, 15:42

I agree with José, after one month I think is time enough for skippers to say what they would change for the next International event. I also think that is a very good idea to make the Race Management Manual for Race Officers and Race Comittees, but also for the JURY.

Having said this I think we should reach an agreement about the length of the course and how far a mark can be set. I also don´t understand why did we change the 360 penalty system we used in Canada and why the skippers weren´t consulted about this matter.

I prefer not to talk about the international jury.

Dick Carver

Post by Dick Carver » 04 Nov 2004, 21:25

I wasn't at The European Championships, so I won't comment on that event.

Re: length of course at a "control area regatta", in general.
Seems pretty simple guys.
If you can't read sail #'s, the mark is too far away.
Dick Carver