IOMICA VOTING PROCESS

Discuss how IOMICA and IOM NCAs operate

Moderators: Pedro Egea, Gary Boell, Fred Rocha USA 33

RoyL

IOMICA VOTING PROCESS

Post by RoyL » 06 Aug 2005, 04:21

Just wanted to ask how the voting at the IOM Worlds is to be run.

Specifically, are the rule changes being put up for vote subject to amendment or modification?

Further, to the extent an NCA does not support all of the proposed rule changes that are "packaged" together, can the sections be voted on individually?

awallin

Re: IOMICA VOTING PROCESS

Post by awallin » 06 Aug 2005, 07:08

RoyL wrote:Just wanted to ask how the voting at the IOM Worlds is to be run.

Specifically, are the rule changes being put up for vote subject to amendment or modification?

Further, to the extent an NCA does not support all of the proposed rule changes that are "packaged" together, can the sections be voted on individually?
Hi Roy,

I assume that you would like to split up something from part A of the proposal ?

The problem with doing that this late is that some NCAs might already have begun owner balloting and would thus have to redo it.

why would rule changes accepted by a vote of the world council be subject to further modification or amendment ?
----------------
Anders Wallin

Ken Dobbie

Post by Ken Dobbie » 06 Aug 2005, 07:58

Not all items in Part A were voted on by WC

Ken Dobbie

awallin

Post by awallin » 06 Aug 2005, 08:18

Ken Dobbie wrote:Not all items in Part A were voted on by WC

Ken Dobbie
sorry I did not express myself clearly and perhaps did not understand Roy's question right. what I meant that if rule changes are accepted at the WC meeting then they are final and will be incorporated into the rules without changes.

amendments or changes to the proposal would have to be made very quickly now for the reason I state below. If you think there are significant improvements to be made then by all means write down what you think should be changed and some very good reasons for it + maybe a list of which NCAs support your ideas.

Richard Rowan (GBR) has already expressed his concern on the world council forum that the IOMICA exec should stick tightly to the timetable to facilitate owner ballot in the big IOM countries where this is not an easy task... (we are already past the deadline for the final agenda)
----------------
Anders Wallin

Ken Dobbie

Post by Ken Dobbie » 06 Aug 2005, 08:37

It is now too late to change the agenda in respect of the rule change items as polling is underway.

I appreciate that items already considered by WC should be packaged together, but to include items where WC had not previously been consulted does not make sense.

Ken Dobbie