The 2009 IOMICA AGM will be held at the IOM World Championships in Barbados on Tuesday 23rd of June 2009.
Update: Due to the late announcement of the meeting we are accepting proposals for resolutions, candidates/nominations for the executive committee until May 12th. The agenda for the meeting will be published May 13th 2009.
April 14th, 2009 (10 weeks prior to meeting). May 12th 2009 (6 weeks prior to meeting), Proposals for resolutions shall be submitted by NCAs to IOMICA by this date (regulation 4.6).
- Proposals for resolutions submitted by ESP (added 15 Apr 2009)
- Draft Proposal for resolution submitted by VCEvents/Bruce Andersen (USA) (added 24 Apr 2009)
Draft Proposals for resolutions submitted by VCEvents/Bruce Andersen (USA) (added 24 Apr 2009) April 28th, 2009 (8 weeks prior to meeting). May 13th 2009 (6 weeks prior to meeting) Agenda will be published (regulation 4.7).
- May 26th, 2009 (4 weeks prior to meeting). Information on voting strength to be sent to IOMICA.
The most important task for this AGM is to select an Executive committee for IOMICA for 2009-2011. The procedure is described here: https://www.iomclass.org/exec/ICAvote51.pdf
“Where fewer than two candidates are nominated for a particular position by ten (10) weeks before the date of election, nominations for that position shall remain open and shall be received no later than 6 (six) weeks before the date of election.”
It seems likely that nominations will stay open until May 12th, 2009 (6 weeks prior to the meeting).
All candidates should submit a candidate form: https://www.iomclass.org/exec/Candidate%20form2.rtf
All candidates should be nominated by two members of the World Council: https://www.iomclass.org/exec/Nominator%20form2.rtf
As of April 16th, candidate forms and nominations has been received as follows: (? indicates a missing nomination)
- Chairman: Alfonso Moreno (ESP), nominated by CRO, CAN, and POR
- Chairman: Bruce Andersen (USA), nominated by CAN and USA
- VC Technical: Robert Grubisa (CRO), nominated by CRO and ESP
- VC Technical: Val Provoost (NED), nominated by AUS and NED
- Secretary: Barry Fox (CAN), nominated by CAN and Bruce Andersen/VCEvents
- VC Events: Olivier Cohen (FRA), nominated by CRO and ESP
- VC Measurement: none
- VC InfoComms: Pedro Egea (ESP), nominated by CRO and POR
- Treasurer: David Turton (AUS), nominated by AUS and Bruce Andersen/VCEvents
Make sure that your resolutions/nominations/candidates reach IOMICA as effectively as possible by sending emails to the Chairman, the Secretary, and InfoComms!